1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will DVD X copy still work

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Sony987, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Sony987

Sony987 Member

Hola. Now that the judge shut down 321 Studios, will my DVD X Copy still work? Someone told me that next time my software does an update, that a patch will be downloaded to prevent me using the software. Thanks.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Rubbish ... mine still works.

What XCopy product do you have and which version? And do you use a firewall program? If so, you can block XCopy from accessing the internet :) I do

3. Yordan

Yordan Guest

...besides, there`s no one left at 321 to provide upgrades...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Athlon64 3400+
    1024 DDR
    NEC 3500A[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2004
  4. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I have a copy of DVD X Copy Platinum with the key & Reg but after I reformatted my HDD I never reloaded it. If I reload it, will I be able to set it up. The last time I set it up, I had to do it over the phone and reply ## to them.

5. Sony987

Sony987 Member

From what I hear the Motion Picture Association got the rights to the company and they would be the one to send the patch. No, I do not have a firewall. Is that easy to block that once set up. Thanks.

6. flip218

LOL ... Dude re-read that 10 time over, then ask yourself if they (MPAA) will ever send out a patch for XCopy.

@Nututhis,

Yes you still can activate, but you'll have to call Europe support in Ireland ... I know they are still helping.
    Europe
    Technical Support &
    Software Activation Phone: +353-61-702078 (Ireland)*
    Time: 8:30-17:30 GMT (17:00 Friday)
    *English, Deutsch, Français, Española, Portuguese

7. aakoubian

aakoubian Member

I'm a rookie...I installed my X Copy Platinum on second system in my house with no problem. I checked verify on internet and it came back fine. I guess that was 321's "screw you" to Hollywood. My first computer will read a DVD, then start the write function, then jump immediatly into "finalizing disk". Just installed ROXIO 7.0 and I think it is the culprit. Took it out but still having problems. Anyone else run into anything like that?? Anyone know where I can get instructions for a complete uninstall of X Copy Platimum (registry also). Next attempt is to wipe it completly then reinstall...thanks!!

8. flip218

aakoubian,

Roxio has a program drag-to-disc .. uninstall it if you have it.

Now "finalizing" problem ... install a "working" aspi layer .. hopefully that solves your problems.
    http://forceaspi18.w.interia.pl/
    [bold]Instructions on the site. Download both Force 1.8 and ASPI Check[/bold]

9. aakoubian

aakoubian Member

Flip218...thanks so much for the info...I do remember having a similar program and going through 321 to rebuild the ASPI layer...so you may be right, that may be the problem. I tried to access the WEB page you sent and unfortunately it's in German (I think). Would you be kind enough to point me to the English Web site...thanks!!!

10. aakoubian

aakoubian Member

Flip218...disregard my last message I found it and installed the ASPI Layer...will test tonight...thanks again!!