1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Eurovox Max V box ever be zapped?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by smudger24, Jan 5, 2008.

1. smudger24

smudger24 Regular member

Quick question, that I hope is not "how long is a piece of string".
    I realise that nothing is forever but is it possible that Virgin may one day zap the Euro box. In other words with these satelite receivers is it just a case of rescanning occasionally or is it still possible for the companies to totally disable the box? I am trying to pass on my limited knowledge on this subject to friends but I keep getting the same question. They say that they don't want to buy one of these boxes if it is going to go down in the near future.
    What is the best way to answer this? Is it qutie simply that we don't know or is it just a small inconvenience each time, of retunning, should they install new software etc?

Please help.

Thanks.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

These questions will always be asked , its a matter of taking a chance , I chanced it a year ago and still running , I believe there will always be some firmware to update b0xes and they are always one step ahead of Cable Companies

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Not while Celtic and Scouser are on the case ,lol...........Paul

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ha ha Paul , now you have it lol :)