1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will freshly modded xbox send signal thru vcr

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bootle, Jan 15, 2004.

1. bootle

bootle Member

Hi guys

Ive searched thru the forums and havent found an answer so I thought I'd ask. I have just installed a chameleon le s p&e and I'm in the process of flashing the bios. Now I keep screwing up the cdrws im burning and ive run out of discs but thats not my question.

I'm using the original xbox rca cable but the tv i have access to has no rca inputs so i have to run the signal thru a vcr. Will this prevent a signal from showing up, as if it was an RF modular? CUrrently the blue led blinks and the tray ejects after around 5 seconds, so I think the mod is installed correctly but no image is onscreen. Its hard to tell how the bios install is going when you cant see anything

Sorry to have ANOTHER chameleon question. I have found tutorials for installing evox m7 and slayer 2.5 so I'm not worried about that, I just need to run out and get more discs. Thanks

2. bootle

bootle Member

Sorry, another quick question: Its a v1.4 xbox with a samsung dvd, does anyone know if it will have problems reading fujifilm cd-rws?? Ive heard the samsung is the best of the drives...

3. jk323

jk323 Guest

would be better to use regular CDR's as samsung is the only one that can read CDR's

4. bootle

bootle Member

Thats a good idea, but since I cant see if the disc is being read successfully or not I want to eliminate all uncertainty and use the best disc I can. Thanks for the suggestion, i didnt realize samsungs were THAT good!!!!

5. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

philips drive read cdrs to but the samsung doesn't read cdrw's i have two xboxs and that's my experience but i've read aswel that peeps can't use cdrw's in samsung drives

6. FFW

FFW Member

I connect my xbox to a VCR and then to my tv via RF. Just make sure you but the T.v on channel 3 or 4(what ever channel u watch vhs tapes on). Then Put your VCR on the "Video" or "Line channel" it's right under channel 2. That should be it turn on the xbox and it xhould show up. Also if your VCR was rca jacks in the front and in the back u might have more then one "Video" or "Line channel" so make sure u ick the right one.

7. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

It's normal that you don't see what's going on with a v1.4 xbox since the cromwell don't go well with the video chip in the xbox. Use a Memorex CD-RW ... that's what I used for my friends 1.4 xbox. When till the tray open then put in your CDRW with the LINUXBIO.BIN file then press A ... wait a bit and the xbox should turn off! Tadam you're flashed, you'll now go to the m$ dashboard when you'll boot again but you'll be able to use backup discs as well as the EvolutionX dashboard Auto-Boot disc! If it doesn't work put a dummy file on your flash disc or better yet use a Memorex DVD+RW. Just remember that you should NOT make an ISO for the bios disc

8. bootle

bootle Member

THanks guys, I really appreciate all the help.

I know the vcr hookup is good, so its not that. But i did not know how cromwell doesnt like the 1.4!!! Two of my other mistakes for flashing were that I named the file bios.bin instead of linuxbio.bin AND I never pressed A.

I'll see if I can track down some memorex cd-rws... Thanks again, you guys have been great!