1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will it play "Crisis"

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by rankin85, May 24, 2008.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You still paid WAY too much. I don't even think the 8800GT was out back then. Anyway, prices dropped a lot, so you're good to go now.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. homesick

homesick Regular member

it was out then. i didnt buy it, so therefore i didnt pay for it. btw that was newegg. and i know the price has dropped but i am waiting for it to drop another 20 or so before i get it. read my post and put some thought into it before you write back please. i dont write posts because i like to tell fake stories.

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Alright, whatever. Do what you will.

The 8800GT was released October, 27 2007. It's not even been a year yet. I'm not calling you a liar, I just think you are talking about some other card because the 8800GT was NEVER 450.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Indeed, I've never seen a GT above 300 dollars, you're probably thinking of the 8800GTX, which came out October 2006 ish, at a price of around 500 dollars. To this day the 8800GTX is still faster than the 8800GT, but not by very much.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

Can't honestly tell the difference between them in use. I still think it's a stupid amount of money to pay out to play a pretty crap game.

Whatever.. it's your money.. personally I wouldn't bother because this gaming on pc is just an endless cycle of paying out more and more in never ending upgrades. It's a conspiracy I tell ya ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
  6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You should think yourself lucky - now's the first time when buying components that are close to the top performers are only a couple of hundred dollars. Not so long ago, half decent CPUs and Graphics cards were five hundre dollars, and if you spent less, you got less - much less.

7. rankin85

rankin85 Member

obviously i will be playing more games than just this one, i just used it an example. I make $800 a week, so this system is only about a weeks wages for me.
    But i also agree with you Varnull, constantly having to spend money upgrading a pc so it plays the latest games is a pain in the ass.

But if you get alot of enjoyment from it than i guess it's worth it.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

other than when things go wrong, which isn't usually often, I enjoy upgrading my PC, because I get a benefit from it, and I know it was my handiwork that helped make it possible.

Besides, if you start out with a decent set of components, you shouldn't have to upgrade that regularly.