1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will making backups hurt the gamecube or games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by coolcono, Oct 18, 2004.

1. coolcono

coolcono Member

Will making backups of the games for the gamecube hurt the gamecube at all.
    Thanks

2. ev1l

ev1l Guest

no it wont hurt your GC system? you know how to make a GC back up or you need help coolcono

3. coolcono

coolcono Member

I needed verification because I will be using my brother's gamecube. Could you explain what the cat 5 crossover cable is? Thanks for the info.

4. coolcono

coolcono Member

I needed verification because I will be using my brother's gamecube. Could you explain what the cat 5 crossover cable is? Thanks for the info.

5. ev1l

ev1l Guest

why do you need to know the 5 crossover cables are i don't know the answer to that. im sorry but i do know how to load GC back up or what 2 do with it

6. ev1l

ev1l Guest

if you make a GC back up or ios it will not hurt the GC system at all. thats all you need to know from there. what makes you think it will hurt it?

7. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

You can find out how to do it yourself here:
    http://www.lanshack.com/make-cat5E.asp
    but you'll need a crimp tool which is expensive!
    Or you can order one at your local IT-store, less expensive and done in a proper way... =)
    The CAT5 crossover cable is used for direct connection between network adapter and GCs broadband adapter. If you're using a hub/router/switch to hook up your gamecube you'll be needing the straight one.

grtz

8. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

and for hurting the gamecube, ...euhm. I believe not but it is indeed questionable if you GC software can be harmed with the loader and streamers who actually are loaded in your gamecubes memory.