1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my components fit?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by aslan2605, Nov 25, 2009.

1. aslan2605

aslan2605 Member

Hi there everyone im building my very first gaming computer but before i order the parts for it, i wan't to be sure that everything fits and works together.. i hope you can help me, heres the list

Core i7-975 Extreme CPU (central processing unit)

GA-EX58-EXTREME MOTHERBOARD

x2 HIS Radeon HD 5870 GRAPHICS

Corsair dominator TR3X6G1866C9DF RAM (random access memory)

Samsung SpinPoint F1 Desktop Class HD753LJ HDD (hardrive)

Corsair HX1000W PSU (power supply unit)

Thermaltake Xaser Kandalf VA9000BWS case

coolermaster v10 CPU COOLER (central processing unit cooler)

DVDbrænder, 24x, SATA, (SONY/NEC) or AD-7241S-0B (dvd burner)

Belkin Anti-Static Wrist Band

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound

Thanks in advance!

2. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Cheaper Mobo. No need for a Extreme mobo if your nto going to be doing any extreme OCing.

x2 5870 - Pointless imo, and good luck getting them. the 5000 series ATI cards are very hard to get right now.

Samsung - Very bad choice, the F1s are very unreliable. Stick with Western Digital or Seagate.

1000W PSU - Drop the PSU to lower wattage. With out doing the math id say a 750 would be ample.

CPU Cooler - Major over kill imo. Unless your going to be doing some extreme OCing, no need for such a big cooler, and from the looks i question how easily it would fit in your case. Unless you OC, then the stock cooler is sufficient.

3. aslan2605

aslan2605 Member

i c thanks but i really just wanted to know if the parts are all compatible with eachother :p but thanks for the tip m8

4. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Well Im just letting you know the Samsung at the very least should be swapped out as these are very unreliable. I hope your planning to have another drive to back up your data to, or dont mind being with out a computer while your hard drive is shipped to Samsung and you get sent a replacement.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

i7 975 is an interesting choice, you could save several hundred and just overclock a 920 instead, it's not hard.
    The same goes for the motherboard, you could use a UD5 instead of the extreme and save there too.
    The RAM is also pretty overkill, but if you're going for a big overclock it makes sense.
    Why such a powerful system and such a small hard drive? With a system on this budget I would be going with an SSD and a bigger drive, something like an Intel Gen2 80GB and a WD1001FALS.
    PSU is a good unit, but once again, overkill for this system. The 750W version is all you will need.
    Not a big fan of the Kandalf really, all Thermaltake stuff is very shoddily made.

6. aslan2605

aslan2605 Member

im not 100% sure about what exactly SSD drives is tbh.. its something like their faster or something right? wouldnt it be the same as if i got a 10000rpm hdd?

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No, much faster, even than a 10,000rpm HDD. They also use almost no power, produce no heat and make no noise.

8. k7vc

k7vc Regular member

SSD = Solid State Drive. No moving parts, all solid state memory, like a big, fast flash drive.

Dick

9. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Nice catch Sam i didnt even see the extreme cpu.

SSDs have been pretty well summed up already but id still suggest you google them for some info.