1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will old CnC games play on xp?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NIZANTHOR, Dec 24, 2004.

1. NIZANTHOR

NIZANTHOR Member

i've become command n conquer collection junkie.
    i want to play the older games: (red alert, the 2 expansions, the original CnC etc...)
    however their requirements are 95 98 me; i have xp.

i know that newer systems will open older version files but i have discovered there are some games that state they will only run on the os they were designed for. iwas wondering if these will play on my systems before i buy them.

tx 4 help, NZ

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

It will work, I tested it on my machine. Also, may I point out that if by some rare chance it doesn't, there is a thing called "compatability mode"! =D

Right click the .exe/shortcut, go to Properties > Compatability, and go figure! =)

P.S. Isn't CnC kinda old? I would try the newer games such as WH40k: Dawn of War, now that's a hell of a strat game...

3. NIZANTHOR

NIZANTHOR Member

thank you very much. i shall certainly look into those titles you suggested. i have never been a gamer but in the juvenile detention center where i work one of the boys lent me cnc generals and i fell in love (addiction)bought the cnc collection and enjoyed red alert 2 very much and now hope to play the other cnc titles.
    again, thank you for your attention, effort and time, NZ

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I'm not even going to ask how you got there, but if you're a new fan of strategy games, and you have a decent PC, there's quite a few more games I could recommend. I, myself, don't really play much strat games, but being a hardcore gamer I am, I keep closely to the gaming news! =D

Do you know your PC specs?