1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will PowerDVD Ultra play Blu-Ray FILES?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by maussimo, Aug 27, 2007.

1. maussimo

maussimo Member

If I have a Blu-Ray disc ripped to my hard drive, is there a way to make PowerDVD Ultra read it so I can watch it on my PC?

If it will NOT read the extracted Blu-Ray files, is it possible to make an image of the disc with the files I have using MagicIso or a similar program that can handle a disc with that much data? (35gb)

thanks,

Scott

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I have not personally used PowerDVD but I would assume there is an "Open Folder" option to play files such as VOBs stored on your HDD.

I would assume this would work with Blu-Ray files as well if that version of PowerDVD supports Blu-Ray.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

do you have a blu-ray drive? if so you should have the software to play blu-ray disks, but to play the files that are in the folder that you riped the disk from, you might try using vlc player to play the files, also what program did you use to rip the blu-ray disk? also what did you use to by pass the copyprotection?