1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will purchase bootable copy of evolution x

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by truthpro, Jul 27, 2003.

1. truthpro

truthpro Member

I am willing to purchase a bootable copy of evolution x. I've looked everywhere and found downloads of it but can't get them to load. I know it will work, because the other day a friend of mine had found an older version and we were able to get it to boot to it from my xbox. We don't want the older version.
    REMOVED

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  2. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

Mabey you need to get a bios update. Mabey your bios don't support the newest Evox. Because if it boots the older version that means you got a media(cd or dvd) that works on your Xbox

3. truthpro

truthpro Member

Well I got evolution x installed on my existing hard drive but now I want to replace the hard drive. The only problem with that is, from what I've read, they say you need to modify your evox.ini file and make another boot disk. Well my friend lives over an hour away that has the DVD burner and I only have a cd-rw and I have not had any success at getting my xbox to read the cd-rw. Does anyone know a way around making another boot disc to install a hard drive. I have flash fxp, xiso. I was able to add my first game to my xbox hard drive but I'm ready to swap it out and add more games. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4. 1800gumby

1800gumby Member

what type of dvd drive do you have if your having problems with reading cds my bet is its probalby a thompson or phillips have u tried either TDK or Verbatim cd-rws and make sure you make an iso out of the file before u burnit.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the slayer's auto installer disc will install a new hard drive for you. there's a link somewhere around here where i posted exact instructions on where to get it, if you cant find it, come on our IRC channel (check my sig) and i can send it to you.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

for cost of shipping, i'd send one...

(mods, can i say that?)

7. enyce41

enyce41 Member

Can someone please send me a hacked BIOS for xecuter 2.2 lite. Pleaseeeee !!!!

REMOVED

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  8. jebkyle

jebkyle Member

im new to this site and i need a little bit of help. ive downloaded evolution x.. and ive been told that before i can burn it i have to do something to it.. i have to change it in some way. also, does it need to be burned onto a DVD or CD? can someone please help me with this???

9. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

it needs to be an ISO, and you need to put it on a cdrw, not cdr

10. jebkyle

jebkyle Member

ok thank you.

11. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

enyce41 and truthpro, dont post email addresses on the forum please as it attracts spam bots and gets your email account full of shit mail!