1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will reinstalling XP delete all of your games, movies etc from your hard drive?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Waymon3X6, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Hello, I have had my gaming rig for about 2 years now, and just recently I downloaded a vista transformation pack via utorrent. After I set it up and everything, I found that neither BF2 or BF2142 would work.... Also, my bootup times are so slow, so I am leaning towards reinstalling the operating system. I have everything (product key, cd, etc.) but I have at least 15 games on my computer, and countless applications too. I have 2 hard drives, 1 as a backup. If reinstalling does delete everything, could I make a backup on y 2nd hard drive (Acronis True Image) and then just recover it?
    All help is appreciated!! :)

2. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Well yes... and no. Games would be easier than applications. Copy the game folders onto the second driver. However, If you do not have the CD's for these games (Assuming you bought it but cannot access the cd, of course) You will probably need to export your windows registry so the game sees that it is 'installed'

3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

if you have eveything on just one partition then yes. xp will delete it. you dont realy have an option because it says that you will need to reformat the drive. you could move all your stuff to the second hard drive or you could partition off part of the drive move the stuff and reinstall. also it would probably be smart after you reinstall to put windows on like a 10gb partition and everything else on a different partition on the same disk so that you wont have to worry about this agian

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

thank you for the fast reply! Anyways, would any of you know why only bf2 and bf2142 are acting up like this? Any solutions?