1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will the eurovox max box work with virgin through the phone line?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by deeceetv, Oct 12, 2007.

1. deeceetv

deeceetv Guest

hi guys,

this is my first post on here. ive had my eurovox max box 2007 for the past few months now and im very happy with it. how ever im going to be moving into a non cable area an so im gunna have to go with virgins tv and internet through the phone line, but im unsure sure if my box will work over it? do any of you guys know? or do you have any info on it or what i have to do to get it working?

hope you can help?

thanks for your time:)

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry you need a live coaxial cable feed so no it will not work through a phone line.

3. deeceetv

deeceetv Guest

hi ya. so i cant use my box:( thats pants:( is there any other system which will work over the phone line?

4. fordaz

fordaz Member

As far as I'm aware, only the broadband internet comes through the phoneline. The VM TV service outside of a cable area comes through your rooftop aerial. It's just the freeview channels.

I might be mistaken, but I've never heard of VM TV through a phoneline, as far as I'm aware, your BT line isn't capable of receiving high quality TV streams reliably, unless you live 15 feet from the exchange.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You would want to live in the headend to be that close :)

6. deeceetv

deeceetv Guest

thnks guys..

:( thats a bugga. not really had my box long :( was hoping it might work on virgnin through the phoneline service:( ahh well. i will try it anyways. hope your all having a good week anyways:)

cheers once again

Darren
    www.deecee.tv

7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

the tv and cable are sent through the same coaxal cable feed, ive run mine off my internet feed with a splitter.
    you never know one day vm might be in your area so you can get the live coxial feed