1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will there be a blue-ray pirated disk for the ps3???!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by brad143, Dec 2, 2007.

1. brad143

brad143 Member

guys!!im from the phillippines and i nid your help coz im planning to buy a ps3 and my problem is that the orignal blue-ray cd(game) of a ps3 is very expensive...thats why im asking you guys if there will be a pirated blue ray disk coz if not..den im gonna buy a xbox 360

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

a rather strange question to ask in this forum, when you signed up here at afterdawn did you happen to read the rules, it is always a good thing to do, i will give you a little help! google is your friend search and you might find. good luck

3. funky22

funky22 Guest

there is no way to playstation 3 to load any burned media for now but hackers all around world are trying and that is only thing that matters i think they will hack or chip in a year , year will be time i think to bluray media to get cheaper any ps3 burned games coming cant wait for it :)

4. dvdS.L.S

dvdS.L.S Member

Funky 22,
    Perhaps I have misunderstood you.You said that the ps3
    won't play any burned media.Is that to include burned
    std movies?I ask this because I have no problem playing
    burned movies.

5. frederic1

frederic1 Member

Only burnt PS3 games won't play.

6. frederic1

frederic1 Member

I think it will be very difficult for hackers to remove de PS3 Games copy protection because if the PS3 is connected to the internet. Because Sony frequently sends Firwmare updates to check if the hardware is not pirated.

I think hacked chips will only be able to play offline.

7. hulud86

hulud86 Member

PS3 games will soon be cracked but not by using blu ray. They are figuring out a way to put the game on the PS3 hard drive and play it off of the system. Just like the PSP, they cant burn UMD's so they put the game file on the memory stick. No expensive discs to buy and faster load times!

8. frederic1

frederic1 Member

it will not be "soon" hacked because when you go online, the firmware update checks the system for hacked chips and/or hacking attempts.

9. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

So does 360, but they got around that no problem.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

But they haven't cracked the ps3 yet.. and it's possible they never will.

Protection systems move on.. and sony are notorious.

11. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

It will be hacked in a matter of time.People said the same thing about PSP couldn't be hacked.

12. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

How rude!

Maybe anouther member frightend off by someone that thinks they are a Mod. If they wanted you to be a Mod they would ask you.

13. hulud86

hulud86 Member

I agree with NexGen. Everyone says it will never happen but it seems like they always find a way.

14. frederic1

frederic1 Member

I don't know if you are aware of it but a recent xbox360 update makes pirated games no more playable.

PS3 games will be pirated, no doubt. But I think it will be no time soon. And even if it happens, I discourage anyone to make a collection of pirated games because they may be unplayable in the future.

15. frederic1

frederic1 Member

only time will tell but i think that if 1 and a half year after the launch of the PS3, no game has be hacked yet, it's because the copy-protection is far from being trivial.

16. evolmindz

evolmindz Regular member

im sure it will be hacked by summer time. but i doubt ur gonna be able to play the games online with all the updates.

17. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

I will bet you all one thing.If the ps3 does get hacked Sales will be as close as the xbox sells,Lets face it that is why they are doing so good,just look in the 360 forums every joe blow is hacking it.Maybe I am wroung but only time will tell.

18. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

here you go boy's look at this! Team ICE and StreetskaterFU have recently announced on the PS3HAX forums that they've found a method to execute unsigned code on PlayStation 3s. According to the hackers, there is a Resistance: Fall of Man exploit in firmware 2.10 which allows them to do this.

If this proves to be true, then we might be seeing PS3 homebrew soon. If you want to see a video of this exploit in action, be sure to check out the full article.