1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will there ne a dual tuner Eurovox PVR soon???

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by steveo__, Jan 6, 2009.

1. steveo__

steveo__ Regular member

ANybody know if Eurovox are working on a dual tuner PVr for cable?

I swopped over from Sly + and really miss its functionality...

UNless anybody knows of a way to get sly+ for free that is... lol

2. satguy99

satguy99 Member

you do not need a dual tuner with the Eurovox, you can record one channel and watch another channel with the latest firmware , works on mmds anyway

3. steveo__

steveo__ Regular member

You can only watch another channel on the same transponder....

4. interat

interat Member

At present Eurovox wont be doing a twin tuner model due to the small size they make, just go out and buy a twin tuner hard drive recorder, they have come down a lot in recent times, eurovox gives you 60 minutes of recording, and the one i have gives you 180 minutes, it cost just £120 with twin tuners, any way if they did do a twin tuner the cost would be an extra £100 anyway.

5. interat

interat Member

You cant get sky free, it works different, cable is nagravition and sky is ITTV system, sending new codes every 2 minuets for the box too decode, it send the new codes in advance so you never notice any break in the signal, however there is a guy in Germany who has cracked it and gets sky free, he set up a programme with an old computer connected to the sky box, the computer reads the new codes and send it to the box, cable will be changing to the same system as sky in the future, i was told 2012 but that will be on hold due to lack of cash at present, also they will have to change 6.8 million boxes to do this.

6. interat

interat Member

You cant get sky free, it works different, cable is nagravition and sky is ITTV system, sending new codes every 2 minuets for the box too decode, it send the new codes in advance so you never notice any break in the signal, however there is a guy in Germany who has cracked it and gets sky free, he set up a programme with an old computer connected to the sky box, the computer reads the new codes and send it to the box, cable will be changing to the same system as sky in the future, i was told 2012 but that will be on hold due to lack of cash at present, also they will have to change 6.8 million boxes to do this.

7. steveo__

steveo__ Regular member

Interesting about this guy who rekons he has cracked it with the us of a PC - any details on this guy would be interesting to look up how he did it...

all I was looking for was how to gte the SKy+ functionality working on freeview... Not actually to crack their signal... but I spose both are related as the box refers to the card in order to function correctly

8. interat

interat Member

OK you cant use a sky recorder for cable as the aerial cable has to go into the box for the twin tuner to work, my friend who is German lives in the UK found the information on a German web site, its in German so no point in looking it up, however the PC has to run all the time into the sky box and it decodes the information, it works with the card and the serial number of the box, others have tried it in the UK but found it worked for 2 minutes until the new codes came down, remember when cable did the same thing it went off after a few minutes well that's the same kind of thing that sky uses, if i find out more i will post it, hope this helps.

9. steveo__

steveo__ Regular member

This is very interesting for me... as I have a Pc linked to my Tv, where my Sky also is... I do love to look up the more recent methodologies in cracking technolgy - always a buzz when you get it to work... not for the channels - but to just do it.

I already have my Eurovox cracking sky inderectly via virgin, and have a large motorised dish and several stb's and cams that enable me to do such things as watch Saturday 3pm footie...so the channels have been cracked... Just love to know more about how this works as Sky is the ultimate crack

Thanx for your time

SteveO

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL BS about CS :)