1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will This All Work? My New Gaming RIG.

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by xChronox, Jan 27, 2008.

1. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The difference isn't huge, and that's the best HD3850 you can buy. Trouble is, it should be, given the price tag!

3. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

hehe.

Well I could always overclock it ;). And if it isn't good then I'm sure staring at the shiny picture will keep me happy

[​IMG]

:).

I just searched "Yuruka" in google (my old name on ffr) And found someone used one of my pictures from an old forum I used to go on, he stole it and used it on his french forum. Wtf I am thinking right now.

Btw it's a picture of vegeta going IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!11 and I made it For FFR. And I marked it. But they're french so yeah..My god I'm famous.

But any as I was saying. My original budget was £400 remember? And now It's £630. And I have 600. How did that happen I ask myself.

Extortion owns.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That card's already overclocked, you won't be able to overclock it much further, but you should get near-3870 performance out of it stock. My god I wish I'd bought that instead of the 3870s. There's still time I guess...

5. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

heh :p.

I'd be saying the same if you never gave me 3 pages worth of advice (wow 60 replies on this thread)

And to cut down on expenses I'm not going to get the Freezer 7 Pro...I will next month get the cooler and the sound card and CSS. I'll download half life 2 and portal...And next time I get money I'll get the orange box on steam :).

6. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

I was just wondering what I could overclock my CPU to with the stock cooler?

And with it oc'd @ stock what settings @ fps do you think it could run crysis?

I'm going for 2xaa 8~16xaf ~ 1280x1024 ~ med

:/.

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

With the stock cooler it varies, I wouldn't go beyond 3.2Ghz for the 6750. As for the Crysis performance, I'll give it a try myself and tell you what frame rate I get.

8. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

3.2ghz? Nice.

When I DO get my PC I'm gonna use 3DMark06 to test the benchmarks on crysis but tell me what you get anyway :p. Also; What's your build?

~C.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

See the link in my signature.
    Brb, testing Crysis

10. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Nice ;) Jesus how can you afford all of that lmao!

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Haha, by not drinking, smoking or driving. I've actually barely got a pot to urinate in, I just spend pretty much all of my funds on what I spend most of my time doing...
    Using those settings I get around 30fps for most of the gameplay, dips to 20 for a few of the shots in the intro. Turn shadows and shaders to low though, and that frame rate will double.

12. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Ah, nice. 30fps is good and I'm not bothered by shadows and I usually have them set to low anyway so that wont really bother me :p. I'll fiddle around with the settings until I get one I like with NO lag...Thanks for trying it out. I'll keep you posted :p.

~C.

(Getting the money friday, Ordering the PC sunday.)

Btw what's the delivery time for scan? And I put within 5 working days for free shipping in aria, so will it all come before sunday? My brother is coming down for a day on sunday and I want him to help me out with the pc and stuff :).

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Almost all PC parts companies offer a next business day courier service in the UK. if you select a lower priority shipping so it arrives later, it usually sits at the warehouse longer, the shipping time is the same.

Example (assuming next day service)
    If you order on Monday at 2pm, it'll be dispatched on monday evening and arrive at your doorstep on tuesday morning.
    Same goes for tuesday to thursday.
    If you order later than the cut off point (3pm I think for Aria, typically 3-5pm, now 8pm for ebuyer), it'll get dispatched the following day (e.g. tuesday) and arrive the day after (e.g. wednesday morning)
    If you order on friday, it'll get dispatched the following monday and arrived on the tuesday unless you select saturday delivery (which costs a bomb)

Scan often delay orders by one day, so their next day service would often mean deliveries arrive on wednesday if you ordered monday morning or early afternoon (before the cut-off point, say)
    Aria typically don't, but I've always gone with next day delivery, especially on expensive parts, the additional cost is so tiny.

14. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Oh..Well What I was going to do is order it on sunday at around 6pm. Before 8pm. And choose the lowest delivery option...On scan it already says the carriage amount. So I guess I'll just leave it like that?

I just want to receive it before sunday. So if I order in on the sunday before it should come right? I could maybe order it on saturday...

If it really makes a difference.

~C.

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

ordering on a sunday it'll probably arrive midweek.

16. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Cool, are you sure this will all fit together?

Thanks

~C.

17. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Cool, are you sure this will all fit together?

Thanks

~C.

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Post the list of all the stuff you're getting and I'll double check it.

19. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

20. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

I'm ordering it in like 30 minutes so I'm just checking...