1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will This All Work? My New Gaming RIG.

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by xChronox, Jan 27, 2008.

1. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Give us a damn chance!

The 512MB HD3850 is a far better choice than the 256MB version - it's a little disconcerting that they don't have a picture though.

None of those monitors are that great, go with this one
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/127412

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  3. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL -dies=

yeah I managed to shave a few £'s getting the GPU from ebuyer and can afford the arctic silver 5 thermalpaste AND the freezer 7 pro! GREAT=SUCCESS!

Thanks for all your help :) I'm off to order it now! woop.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The rest of the components are fine btw...

5. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

yeah thanks :p. I just tried it and it said CARD DECLINED.

So I reentered and now it says "Security Check.."

I used switch/maestro and under first initial I put J. and the surname, I put in all caps...When I re-entered the info I put it like : James. instead of JAMES. To see if it works...I put the CVV, I don't have an issue number..The card number should be together like 12345678901234 right? not 1234 1234 1234 1234?

~C.

6. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

YAY IT WORKED !

Thank god for that ;). ~ My mother nearly had a cardiac arrest. But it's okay now.

Thanks again for all the help..You taught me alot as of which websites to go, which components to buy and alot of other stuff. And thanks for all of your quick replies and for being patient.

Thumbs up :).

Oh and btw I'll still be active around the site so I guess I'll seeya around.

I'll keep you posted on when I get all the goods. The next time you see a reply/thread by me, it'll be on my OWNAGE pc. ;).

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Good stuff, keep us posted on how it all turns out.

8. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

:). So this is the GPU I chose since the OTHERR one was sold out. yeah. AGAIN. FFS!
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139408

Gigabyte..Same make as my mobo so yeah yay +5hp bonus for 2 set items I guess.

Wow that was nerdy..Thanks again.

Delivery arrives on the 14th..Woop.

~C.

9. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

woop! I got my pc all wired yesterday and it goes awesomely. Everything works fine. Except for the twatty eject key for the dvd drive but that's okay now..

One thing though, it was making alot of noise when I tried to install some stuff it just went VVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG like it was gonna take off O.O.

The CPU fan was going at about 400rpm..Is that alright?

Took 6 hours to put together. (Lol) But it's awesome. Never came with stock heat sink paste but meh.

It also came with Neverwinter Nights 2, I thought it was going to be crap at first but it's actually a good game. After the 1 hour of updating that is. ;D.

AWESOME!

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Haha yeah the patching for NWN2 takes aaages.
    The noise you hear is probably the DVD drive, they're usually the loudest things in the PC by far.

11. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Ohhh That's right..The DVD Drive....

Forgot about that XD.

Last night I turned the monitor around to face my bed and I lied down facing the screen and watched Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust and it looked...Awesome.

Everything plays perfectly, farcry on max and NWN2 patching at the same time = win.

Downloading Portal to hold me over until next month when I get hl2 and everything.

Thanks for the help, basically you built my whole PC hah. I never put the stickers on :p.

Yeah it's awesome though...I'm not going to overclock it yet. Right now it's fine.

.......God this is the best PC ever.

Yaknow when I built this I was saying "Aw I wanna get an Antec 900 Case" Now I don't want to because my akasa zen is my baby :(.

Anywayy..It's awesome, it works, the monitor has 6 year guarantee. Yep.

Send me some games LOL. I need 3DMark06 now..I'm going to install it now.

Cheerio!

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Haha sure, you need The Orange Box (or what's contained in it), Call of Duty 4, World in Conflict, Supreme Commander and Crysis - to start with hehe.

13. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

heh, I got a buncha games fairly new - old..Scarface, The Godfather , Need for speed most wanted / carbon, GTA : VC.

I'll try to get CoD 4, I got portal..I don't know...I just don't really like it...maybe because there's no dialog (downloaded) :/. But it is fun.

And I'm getting every next-gen valve game (source based) day of defeat source, counter strike source, portal, hl2 , episode 1 & 2, hl2 : DM, hl : source, HL : Deathmatch source and something else I'm missing out.

It's the orange box but just with more games :p.

And I'm going to try and get another 2GB of ram for £40..But if I do I'll need to get the 2.1 speaker system I was looking at for £15 and I'll have free shipping..I want to get guitar hero 3 too which is £45. Jeeze this is going to get messy and expensive..

I'm getting £80 and I'm going to leave £40 in paypal to buy the source games and the other £40 can buy GH3 (It requires 2.8ghz lmao) :).

Btw I need some tips on overclocking...

I got this program called easytune5 pro with my gigabyte motherboard and I don't know what I should do? Should I go to overclocking, go to easy, and just increase the %? And what should I put it to? max is 3.2ghz @ 20% and right now it's on 2.6ghz natural.

And what about the GPU? =/..

Thanks for replying again ~ C.

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The dialog plays a MASSIVE amount into Portal, the game is incomplete without it. Get a version of the game with the dialog included! Without it, it's just a superb puzzle game, with it, it's portal, and nothing else.
    I applaud getting the large Steam pack, they're all good games, but I'd say pass on the PC version of Guitar Hero 3 if you have a console. If you've got an xbox 360, that's the best version to get, mainly due to the online content. The PC version might have it but the game's too buggy to really make good use of it.
    For overclocking, don't use software to overclock the CPU, because it's usually a bit crap, look in the official overclocking thread (or post in it) because overclocking the CPU should really be done in the BIOS. It's simple and easy, but it will look a bit overwhelming initially. For the GPU, go with something like Rivatuner or ATiTool.

15. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

haha, I see :p.

The only console I have is PS2. I don't have any next-gen consoles because I'm a PC gamer not a console gamer ;).

But I'll consider it. I might be getting a Wii sometime in the future so I can get GH3 then. But that would probally be when GH4 is out lmao.

I saw some footage of world in conflict, it looked nice.

I really want C&C3 now...Or at least Generals...The only game I want is the one my brother doesn't bring with him when he visits.

Anyway I gotta go in about an hour (to home, to see my brother) mass illegal game installing time. :)P)

~C.

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hah, the best type of gamer! lol
    I only own a PS2 too technically, our 360 is communal.

17. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

hey sam i didn't know you own a console? a PS2 and a 360!

these are the best games eva!

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Haha yep.

19. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

i can't wait for spore, and DMC4 and mass effect + assassins creed

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Surely DMC4 is already out?
    I too am looking forward to Spore, but Assassins Creed and Mass Effect will be autoports, so the system requirements will be astonishingly high. Single HD3870s or 8800s are probably only realistically looking at being able to play the games at 1024x768, maybe 800x600 if you want AA.