1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this damage my Box...does it work..Soft mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kapo13, Mar 30, 2005.

1. kapo13

kapo13 Regular member

i`m about to do a softflash of my bios
    with the 007 gamesave exploit .

i have the 007 data req`d ,the original , not platinum hits version of the game , a madcatz version
    of action replay , & 1 xbox begging for a mod

An xbox repair dude warns me against this method ,
    & assures me no one can flash a bios without grounding the bios 1st . He says , basically " i charge for these
    softmods , because i have to ground the bios " , & if
    you try this method , " i`ll see you in here for an xbox repair for certain "

But in weeks of painful research , others swear by this method , i`m told all i have is all i need , as i described above .

So please school me , is this a safe/proven method ?
    Don`t i need to know what bios i have in the box 1st , b4 flashing it ? & if so , how can i tell ?

& one more question , i`m told from another source , i need an original Microsoft mem card for this to work ,
    as madcatz/action replay wont work with this . Is this true ?

Thanks for all help m8`s .

From the past to the present in all your fine forums

Cheers

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The repair guy you spoke to is so full of crap that it's coming out of his ass.

For one, he softmods the wrong way. The softmod exploit you want is Itools. It's in Xbins, the same place you got the other exploit. And yes, use the original Microsoft memory card. The new AR cards screw up large gamesaves.

If you set the memory card exploit right, and went into 007, loaded the save from memory, then the Itunes screen will appear. Once you hit UDE installer, you select three options: Bios, bios patcher, and then dashboard. It's that simple. It'll take about 8-10 minutes (mainly to make an image of your C: drive) and then it's done. It's so simple. And the good thing is that you can always uninstall it or restore your C: drive if you wish, so it's a win-win situation.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  3. kapo13

kapo13 Regular member

Chhers m8

Fanx very much

on my way 2 xbins now

4. kapo13

kapo13 Regular member

went to xbins.org

Not a sign of Itools there

i did a search & also looked thru all their
    appZ .

i can be daft & blind @ times , but i searched & looked carefully . i cant see it m8 .

So where else may i find it ?

& as my head starts to hurt, i while searching for Itools , read somewhere that Itools is older & wont support all regions & kernels of Xbox....now i`m real
    confused ..more than normal m8 LoL

i may never fifure this kernel thing out if i needed to.....

& then i read this " one more thing, if you have slayers install disc, DON'T install it, as it will reboot back to the regular Microsoft dashboard, FTP to the box to install programs, etc... "

Does this mean never use slayers ? Or just dont have it installed before the softmod ?

i have slayers 2.6 & its great ...

Any more patience with me & help is appreciated

Cheers

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

There are two versions of the platinum hits 007 game,one won't work and one will. You have to look on the disk and there will be a number at the end of that long paragraph....(just above the 007 agent under fire logo)

1448517-this disk will work
    1448527-this disk wont work

And for the record,I too think that guy was full of shit.

6. kapo13

kapo13 Regular member

Fanx m8

So no need to ground the bios.....???

Wont he be shocked when i show him a softmod
    xbox....

But maybe not....he may already know & is just trying to grab ppl`s cash....

Cheers

7. HALOMASTR

HALOMASTR Guest

joni i cant believe the highest level uve seen is 24 my gamertag is(vergalis)dont ask i was a level 31 but at the time im sending this page im 27 i play with 35s. by the way i got an action replay card got the soft mod thing nd put it on my xbox hardrive but it didnt work what am i missing clue me in the reason i wont the mod if u want to kno is because i go down in level because of mods nd if u play halo2 xbl im dying to kno wat level u are