1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will this work, is this a good idea

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mahenry, Jun 15, 2003.

1. mahenry

mahenry Member

ok i bought some cheap media dvd media no name that were 1x. all the movies i copied played perfectly in my toshiba dvd player. Then at a later date i found some more of the cheap media but this time they were 2x. i began backing up movies with these in my pionerr A04 however when i attempted to watch these movies they play half way through and then they begin sticking the image starts looking bad and the movies freeze. The conclusion i have come to is that these are cheap media that really should not be burnt at 2x but rather 1x. So here is the big question for you experts. The movies that are playing bad that have already bean copied at 2x i kinda figured that seeing as the files on the disk are not corrupt but rather the disk itself that it might be possible to make another copy of the bad copy at 1x with nero and ma'ybe it will play great then. what do you experts think. thanks.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Check in the threads above under ~DVD-R media. The problems you are having can be the result of a number of things, although the discs you are using are probably the main issue. You need to be careful in buying the most compatible media so do a little research. A useful tool to identify the actual media you are using can be downloaded from here:http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/cdvdinfo.cfm Also make sure you update Nero to the latest version.

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member