1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Toshiba Still Honor Rebate ???

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by ofield, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ofield

ofield Regular member

Hi,

I was just wondering for all of us that bought New Players,
    and sent in receipt and UPC. Will we still get the free movies now.
    I think it said somewhere on the Rebate Sheet it could take up to
    10 weeks.

And if we do not get the Free discs isn't that fraud ???

2. guweedo

guweedo Member

I just bought one too and sent out the reciept. I sure hope I get mine but if you read the fine print it says while supplies last so they could use that as an excuse. But yeah if they dont honor it I will be filing with the BBB for sure.

3. RatDog99

RatDog99 Member

I mailed in my receipt and $10 in late Feb. The money came out of my account on March 25, but as of today I still have not received my movies.

4. ofield

ofield Regular member

I bought mine in Late November 2007. I have called them repeatedly
    and they say I am in the system. I still have not received anything though.

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I submitted my "Get 5 Free HD DVDs" offer the end of January. I just called the 800 number listed (800-405-7520). After being on hold for about 10 minutes a person came on the line, verified my info, told me that my submission qualified for the offer and that my movies were shipped 4/15/2008.

I'll report back if/when I do receive them and how long the shipping takes.

@RatDog99,

You sent in $10? My offer didn't require me sending in any money. Mine was the Toshiba and Microsoft 5 Free HD DVD offer.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  6. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

A wise man once told me...

Patience is a virtue...

7. ofield

ofield Regular member

Patience is truly a Virtue. Unless someone is ripping you off
    because they knew ahead of time that there format was going down,
    and because of that. They bonus you just to try to get rid of remaining players??

If anyone thinks I am wrong please tell me, if anyone has got there DVD's Rebate in a timely fashion please let me know. I know from reports
    that they were going down but with the free HD-DVD's and upconversion still seemed like a good deal / Also being Region Free was a Plus. Without having to use a Hack or Anything?

8. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Good grief,

Canadians had to send in $10, and we had a really crappy selection to choose from. I'm assuming you are from the US, so you get free shipping and handling. Just think about how much this is costing Toshiba! Cashed my cheque Mar 4th, still waiting. However, I believe they were overwhelmed with rebates and had to wait for manufacturers to supply the HDs. I think they are really trying to give consumers what they requested.

BTW. These players are only region free when it comes to HD's. Yes, this is a plus, as I've gotten great deals from Ezydvd. "Into the Wild" was an excellent movie and sold on their site for $7.20au plus shipping.

You cannot play SDs from other regions on these players without a hack.

9. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

LMFAO! Man, I love when people complain about free stuff. Ofield, Toshiba doesn't have to send you anything. On the receipt it clearly reads, in bold letters, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Why complain about something that you might possibly get for free? They didn't know ahead of time that they were going to fail. This offer has been running pretty much since November of last year.

Rebates in a timely fashion? Never, that's the whole marketing gimmick they run on you. Rebates always take months.

10. ofield

ofield Regular member

That is because of there selling gimmick. To get more prople to
    by HD Players. They Knew they were going down. And that statement
    you mentioned is in fine print, in case You did not notice...........

11. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Just got my flicks in the mail today! Mailed out of Rockford, MN. I had read they were being sent out of Florida before. If they we mailed on the 15th like they said, 4 days parcel post ain't bad (I'm in Nebraska).

2 of my selections weren't available. Of the ones I selected, I received Troy, Full Metal Jacket and The Italian Job. All with good UPCs.

I did NOT receive The Hulk or The Frighteners. The replacement movies I received are Accepted and Out of Sight. Both of these have marred UPCs, they look like someone took a Dremel tool to them.

Might have to see about picking up The Hulk and The Frighteners elsewhere but in all I'm satisfied.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  12. markw53

markw53 Member

Just got my 5 free HD DVD's today. I sent in paper work on Feb. 3. They replaced one with a different title, but got the others that I wanted. I'm Happy

13. RatDog99

RatDog99 Member

Got my 5 DVDs today, exactly 12 weeks after I mailed the coupon. Better late then never.

14. gallagher

gallagher Regular member

Got mine yesterday. I noticed the UPC's on some had been punched (ripped the case plastic on some). These must be the returned ones from the stores. Did not get what I ordered but they are okay.