1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will U.S. purchased DSi work in England?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by drweiler, Apr 14, 2009.

1. drweiler

drweiler Member

Bought my English wife a DSi here in Arizona. Understand I wlll have to use a converter to charge it in the U.K., but any other problems? Must I purchase all games in the U.S. as well? One reason I ask is that I see in configuring the system, there are no options for setting England (or U.K. or Great Britain) as the 'country'. Thanks in advance, Don

2. jmander11

jmander11 Guest

Yeah, you'll have to buy U.S. games, because European games are in a different format. For example, take NTSC and PAL, they aren't compatible in the opposite player. On the other hand, just buy a flashcart and you won't have to worry, since you can just download the US or Euro versions to use with it, although I don't think you can use the US version game with a European version DS in DS download play, although I'm not sure about all the compatibility issues. Google will be your friend for that, hope I helped!

Edit: Sorry about that, I totally missed dsi in the name lol, I thought he was referring to DS. What I said applies to the DS.

Edit 2: Oops, sorry for my mistake lol, the ds lite should have no region format differences. Only thing uncompatible with some games of different regions should be the download play. Otherwise you will be fine.

Edit 3: Except for the chinese version of DS games, which can only be played on DS's from China, with the capacity to store all the funky characters and everything. However, the DS China version can play all regions.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  3. AgDrag

AgDrag Member

Are you sure about that? My UK dsi plays my US carts fine, no modification, exactly as my ds Lite does. The Lite has no region coding - did I miss that feature being added to the dsi?!

4. AgDrag

AgDrag Member

A USB charger can be a convenient solution to the converter issue, have used one with my US Lite in the UK from day one with no issues.

5. drweiler

drweiler Member

Thanks for replies, especially great idea, the USB charger. Don

6. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

yes just get a uk charger try www.focaqlprice.com