1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will v1.2 kill my nero encoded videos like 1.1?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by thrillhoV, Sep 16, 2006.

1. thrillhoV

thrillhoV Member

I avoided software 1.1 on my 60gb gen5 like the plague, but want to install 1.2
    i use nero vision to encode movies to ipod format.
    any one know if 1.2 has the same problems?

2. thrillhoV

thrillhoV Member

errr.. actually i think i use nero recode...
    (where's the "edit post" button on this site?

3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

The edit is on the top right of your post. ;-)

I haven't encountered any glitches in the new firmware yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't any. Just try to upgrade and if there are still problems I will help you and show you how to downgrade back to the old firmware.

4. skmborder

skmborder Member

when did 1.2 come out? i have the same question. please some1 reply asap. oh and does any1 know about the games for the ipod 5th gen? are they any good?

5. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

1.1 was very glitchy, from what I've seen in mmy few days of 1.2 it is pretty stable and plays videos without any problems. The only thing missing from 1.0 is the ability to hold down Menu and turn the backlight on and off. I would say it is safe to upgrade.

6. thrillhoV

thrillhoV Member

updated to 1.2 and all of my videos that i encoded with videora, some psp program, and nero recode worke just fine.

thanks!

now to test 640x480

7. skmborder

skmborder Member

ok i've upgraded. my fam guy episodes work fine. wich brings up another problem. how come on itunes there is a slot called the TV Shows, but not on the ipod. i went through and changed all 36 episodes from movie to tvshow, one by one, and it doesn't even show on my ipod... is there something i have to set on my ipod or what? or is apple still slacking on that part?

8. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

9. Thuatu

Thuatu Guest

I was just playing around with my iPod after 1.2 and noticed 2 problems. One was that only three episodes out of my one tv show's series copied to my iPod and none of the others, yet another series i have copied everyone successdully. The other problem was the size of my videos when being played. As i read above, there is a new resloution available and was wondering if this may have something to do with it. I am sure these have simple answers but im not too sure where to look in order to find them.