1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Xbox read DVD+R

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by juz, Apr 4, 2004.

1. iggi

iggi Member

cant research and cant read? you pr@#k! if your that sick of the forum then go jump under a car or something you f@*k#ng half wit!

if i dont search you tell me the last question i asked that had been previously answered!

u cant?

thought so! loser.

2. Johnboy2k

Johnboy2k Member

Eggbert:
    I don't understand... Why is it such a big deal??

3. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Cause Johnny I'm sick of this crap. And Iggi is an idiot. If I offend one or two to make the rest get off of their ass and then read so be it.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi guys, hmm well seems like a very heated discussion@
    best thing to do, 1/ go here
    www.xbox-scene.com
    2/ before you mod ANY xbox, get the research you need beforehand
    3/ try differnt media for your drive
    no matter what drive you have theres no "list" you can make for media working on specific drives, they all work differently, all read differently, ALTOUGH i have yet to find ANY dvd-r that DOESNT work on a samsung drive (dvd+r is a differnt thing altogether)
    personally, Id try dvd+rw media, seems to work with most stuff.
    bear in mind, brands of media do make a big difference too

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

iggi, the onyl problem I have with people looking for stuff thats been answered is when its right under their noses, but some people in SOME respects arent SURE what theyre looking for, cos SOMETIMES its not explained in clear english, I see their point too.

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I cant understand why people wouldnt want to open their xbox to see what drive it is, I mean, you dont have a warranty , the darn things chipped anyway.
    ASlways better to know what you have, if you arent sure, open it

7. Striker20

Striker20 Member

You do not have to open ur xbox to know what drive you have, all you have to do is eject it, and if there is 2 holes in it, 2 bigs ones, then it is a samsung.

8. iggi

iggi Member

my only real prob is that eggbert the knob said i'm an idiot because i cant research and cant read. I challenged him to prove i cant research. he cant proving he is the real idiot here! i have never asked a question on this forum that i believe has been previously answered, in fact i have only ever posted 1 question here which didn't even get answered then. The majority of my posts are helping people or pointing them towards tutorials to help them. It seems eggbert has mistaken me for someone else perhaps and is not man enough to apologise and say he is wrong. Or maybe is he just the w@#ker people are seeing him as.

iggi

9. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Iggi...I accept your challenge but in now way do I owe you an apology. Especially considering that if you would have read my post I clearly offered to help anyone with any FTP, Craxtion and burning issues seeing as though that is what I know most about. There is a gigantic post on what media works with what drive. However, I will say that I was wrong in pointing you out as the example. That shouldn't have been done. I should have directed it as a whole more towards newbies. I have read your posts on here lately and it seems you know more and more what you are doing and will be a valuable contributor on this site. But, when you take the time to help ALL newbies and you continue to see stupid posts on here then you too will be frustrated.

10. iggi

iggi Member

i have read your post offering to help others but i have never said anything to say otherwise. you spoke out against me for no/wrong reason. that is the only reason i turned against you, even then i have never said anything against you offering to help people. Also 1 more point i'd like you to consider, just because it says newbie under my nick doesn't mean i'm new to the xbox thing just that i'm relatively new to this forum. I have modified between 35 - 40 xboxs and still going.

I do share your and other people's frustration at the same old questions coming round every so often. especially when there are already headers for that very subject on the first page. If i had a £ for every time i read "what chip is best" or "how do i ftp my xbox" i would be a very rich man.

The main trouble is people (and yes i admit i'm guilty of this charge) keep responding to them. Noob posts, gets answer, pisses off, then we all argue like fusk about his question whilst he's playing on his newly chipped box.

iggi