1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win 10 - Keyboard inputs are not registering as the right key?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Jalouis, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Jalouis

Jalouis Newbie

Occasionally my keyboard will suddenly mess up and all the keys make so sense to what they should do. For example when i hit the esc key its like i'm hitting the windows key. When i hit the windows key it pulls up my discord to the same group every time and wont let me even change what group i look at. All the while seemingly none of the other keys do what they should either.
    I know its not the keyboard as other keyboards have the same issue, and i also don't think its a language setting or anything like that either, (i checked and am on standard english).
    I've also gone to device manager and uninstalled all the keyboard drivers and reset my computer. This has only been a temporary solution and the problems eventually come back.
    Any help with this would be appreciated.
    download ringtones free at: https://downloadringtonesfree.mobi/

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. ChappyTTV

ChappyTTV Member

Mine does this occasionally as well and I've never been able to track down the culprit, other than something gets corrupted and only a restart will fix it. I use the Logitech MX 5500 keyboard BTW.
    One thing I've thought of may be an issue with the Bluetooth Wireless messing up, but at this point it's just a guess. Another thing that happens, everytime there's a WinUpdate, my Mouse and some Taskbar settings change...frikkin frustrating!!