1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win. 10 upgrade question

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by durkinjt, Oct 23, 2016.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

I reset an older computer I had by installing Win 8, all went well until I started my updatse, got the "update failed reconfiguring updates" I tried msconfig and disabling all the windows products and startups, ran Windows Update troubleshooter. I know I can probably get them to install like doing 10 or 20 at a time. I have a link that still can get me to Win. 10 but if I do upgrade to Win. 10 without doing all the Win. 8 updates will it work as well? T.I.A.

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

So from what I read you have some options.

1. You can do several updates at a time
    2. You can post the error you are getting here for the update that is failing and we can try to figure out what the error is talking about and how to fix it.
    3. You can try and push the windows 10 update and see if it goes through and updates after that with all windows 10 updates.

It is up to you?

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

After you install win 8 you will have to update that to win 8.1.... Win 10 will upgrade win 7 or win 8.1 but not win 8...... :oops:

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member