1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win 98SE Explorer lockup with Yamaha crw3200

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by BrianM, Apr 13, 2002.

1. BrianM

BrianM Member

I recently installed a Yamaha CRW3200EBEK (supposedly the same drive as the EZ) but had not tried burning as I had not obtained any media yet. The drive reads regular audio CDs and CD-ROMS fine (for example the Yamaha CD I installed Nero from).

However, as soon as I insert any CD-R or CD-RW media, the blue light comes on which the manual says means the drive recognizes the media, but I can't click on anything anymore and get results. The mouse pointer moves but no clicking works.

CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up the close program box which now has "Explorer (not responding)"

Has anyone here had this happen before?

I left a message on Yamaha support but haven't heard back yet.

I forgot to mention I also installed IN-CD fromt the Yamaha disk. I don't know if that would be causing trouble or not.

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited: Apr 13, 2002
  2. BrianM

BrianM Member

Got a reply from Yamaha, basically to uninstall and reinstall everything (software and hardware). Reinstall each thing one at
    a time and test. This procedure helped me find that IN-CD was the problem.

(Got an email from someone else with the same problem. When he uninstalled IN-CD the problem went away. He is just going to go with Easy CD Creator instead.)

At this point I have downloaded the latest Nero version but haven't tried the latest IN-CD version yet. If that fails will try contacting Ahead for resolution. Will post what I find out.

Note: This was also posted @ cdrinfo.com

3. BrianM

BrianM Member

Problem solved.

In attempting to upgrade to new IN-CD version
    to see if that would fix it I got a message that ADAPTEC cd burning plugin for Windows Media Player was detected.

I uninstalled that plugin and have had no trouble since.