1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

win rar files....am i thick or what?

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by navarone3, Sep 8, 2007.

1. navarone3

navarone3 Guest

Hi guys and all, i have a winrar (film containing a downloaded film) that i have unpacked to a folder and when looking into the folders they contained :cd1 cd 2 which all contained winrar files. does any-one know how to extract the data from the cd1 and cd 2 sos i can then use it for watching the film for conversion into an avi. Sorry if i am in the wrong area on the forum and would be very greatful if asnyone could shed any light? Thanks again. Billy

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Yep your thick...LOL

pick one and unrar it and you'll have an avi, do the same for the other folder...then plug them into to your conversion program to create on file and enjoy.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yup some are are really thick like me and are self taught LOL!!!!

4. dude845

dude845 Regular member

VLC media player, I bet it'll be able to play whatever it is(if it's a film).

5. LOCOENG

I scratched my head for a while on these too. l :D

6. deadlove

deadlove Guest

VLC can't play rar files.. that's retarded, but it will play .iso and most other media types.

Sometimes winrar installs in such a way it sees iso files as rar archives (winrar crystal cracked edition I'm thinking of here) and even if disassociated with .iso file types resets to associate with again.. stupid idiot windows application............ Having this very trouble with a computer owned by a local numpty.. anybody know how to cure it without removing that version and installing my archived 3.51 cracked??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  7. LOCOENG

Have you tried any other zipping programs, such as winace...or do you not want to go with any other programs of this type?

8. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Not my machine.. the retard keeps installing this crap hacked winrar on it and burning coasters by unpacking the isos.. just wondering if anybody else has seen the issue and knows any way to fix it short of installing an alternative. Unchecking the iso box in the settings doesn't work.. it just resets.
    I tried installing magic-iso hoping that would override the file associations but no joy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  9. LOCOENG

I'm at the end of my short tether Joolz...anything short of slapping said numpties hands.

10. deadlove

deadlove Guest

!! SOLVED !!

Righty.. here we go.. how to stop this stupidity.

Remove winrar completely.. and then run a decent registry cleaner which will find something like 20 references to winrar.

Then install alcohol120 and magic-iso, making sure that one or the other is associated with .iso file extensions..

Finally install the broken winrar again making sure to untick the .iso box while installing..

Then make a full registry backup and restore point to stop any idiot messing it up, and find the restore file and save it somewhere safe that they can't delete.. like a cd-r.. i didn't bother but i know it can be done.

Got the B$%^&£*

11. LOCOENG

I knew you could do it :)

12. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Can I just add.. I HATE WINDOWS!!! what is the need/use for that bloody registry B$? Only causes grief... and how many reboots just to install a couple of crappy apps?? WTF is that all about??

i'm in the village for a few right now.. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  13. LOCOENG

Wish I could join you in the village darling, but I'm at work and they'll be having none of that. :)

Looks like a 16 hour day my relief just called in and there is no one else available....I love OT.

14. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Money is always welcome.