1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win32.Rbot.BOH worm???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by melix04, Feb 16, 2005.

1. melix04

melix04 Member

i have been having trouble with my computer my antivirus software doesnt pick it up in a system scan but it comes with a warning screen saying that i have the Win32.Rbot.BOH worm i have run all of the programs that is suggested but nothing works it says its deleted but then it comes back. After using my pc for about 5 minutes on the net if i type in a web address it wont do anything and on other web pages it just says NOT RESPONDING can anyone help me?????

2. melix04

melix04 Member

sorry just another thing it also changes my internet explorer page to www.google.com.au
    Please help!!

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what antivirus & antispyware program are you using?? try ad-aware se from lavasoft & spybot s&d to get rid of spyware. do an online scan with antivirus.com free housecall to see if system is/not clean. download ccleaner from ccleaner.com to clean the crap out of windows. download from this link cwshredder & run it http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html. check your msconfig/startup to see if there are things not to be there

4. melix04

melix04 Member

i have tried all of that and nothing helps so i had to take my pc to a repair shop but they just said to put the recovery disk in and restart from origional config. I have done that and everything is working fine now
    Thanks!!

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn