1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

win32fix & regfix pop-ups

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by HazelB, Aug 20, 2007.

1. HazelB

HazelB Member

They are most annoying, look mostly like this:

STOP! WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION (BLAH BLAH BLAH)

IF YOU DON'T STOP AND DO WHAT WE SAY, YOUR COMPUTER WILL DIE!!!!

To fix errors please do the following:
    Download our file-registry update and install it on your computer from www.win32fix.com or www.regfix.com (Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL I'm on the floor rolling.)

They do not appear every day and I click on the little x and the pop-up goes away. But it is soooo annoying.

I couldn't find this on any virus or infestation listings. Spybot, Spywareblaster, Ad-Aware, AVG, BlackIce, and rootkit detector don't seem to find it or block it either, whatever it is.

I searched your forum using the keywords win32fix and regfix and it came up with nothing.

Please enlighten me. Thanks

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

HazelB,

Please go to Windows Update and download the latest security. That should fix your problem.

3. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

Hi,

Here is a link for an online scan that has helped me in the past:
    http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/

In this link at steps 8 and 14 there are instructions for a program called superantispyware:
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=692

Also note steps 9 and 12 for atf cleaner.

If those general cleaning activities do not fix your problem, you are probably going to have to seek more specific help for your particular situation by posting a hijackthis log.

Google on win32fix does bring up some reference to that issue at the TrendMicro site, so I think there is a chance that the programs above will help you with your cleanup.

4. HazelB

HazelB Member

Thanks, I'll let you know how it's going.
    Hazel