1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

win7 equlizer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rtrg, Jan 22, 2019.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

me again. another solution to making volume go beyond 100%. I found how to find the equalizer in 7. by trial and error I raised all bands to max, saved it, named it so it would be added to the "preset" list as "louder", apply and ok. now the volume slider in the tray can be reduced to 75% or less. now it is TOO loud. GOOD. tv volume and system volume are still independent as it should be. I do not know why this solution should have been so hard to find. I stumbled on a video that explained it. this is better than any volume app I tried. keep trying till you find the solution! it CAN be found!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

If you are using mp3s the base volume is just a number which can be edited. That is what you were doing. There are many apps than can edit that number.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

as I said I simply wanted to raise the system volume above its default setting without needing to add a small amp for sending it to the tv input. this solution was just enough to do the trick. third party apps added too much clipping/distortion. this works for me. as an aside I added a small headphone amp to the tv out to run a headphone. in conjuction with the volume knob and inline resister, I can get all the control I need.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

What ever makes you happy.

I was mentioning the technology behind what you did, just incase someone else had your same issue. There is no magic. If you raise the base volume too much for your equipment it will play distorted. If you play that same music on different equipment it could still distort. Since you made the change by trial and error you got it just under where it will distort. Your equalizer isn't magic. You could trial and error until you got it right with any editor. It has nothing to do with what editor you used.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

what he said.boosting all your frequencies with the equalizer may make it louder,but the quality of sound definitely offsets any gains there.

Rooshdi33 likes this.