1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINASPI question

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Kiriakos, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Kiriakos

Kiriakos Member

I just downloaded winaspi 4.71 and I unzipped it to windows/system file. But aspicheck still shows old version 4.57. Did I install it correctly?

2. lectric

lectric Member

Hey Kiriakos, If you didn't reboot, then do so before checking your aspi, if that doesn't work, try to find ForceASPI, you can then delete the old ASPI layer (make a back-up, if you wish, with what you get with Force ASPI). Reinstall 4.71, if that doesn't work, install the ForceASPI layer. ForceASPI 4.71 is out there.

3. Kiriakos

Kiriakos Member

lectric
    You got to be more specific and use more understandable instructions. I am only an amateur on this. Go step by step.

I have Force Aspi 1.7, is it the corect version? And then what next?
    Thanks

4. lectric

lectric Member

Good day to you Kiriakos
    Soory about the error (ForceASPI 1.7 not 4.71) anyway, in ForceAPSI you should have a batch file called dumpaspi.bat, that file is used to make a backup pf your old aspi layer (never used it so i dont know where it makes the back up or if it actually works). You use restaspi.bat to restore that back up. killdump.bat will erase that backup. The file called killaspi.bat will erase your existing aspi layer, and instaspi.bat will install the aspi layer. In other words run the killaspi, reboot, run the instaspi and reboot. I am assuming you have aspichk.exe Once all done, check your aspi layer, everything should be fine. For the version, I use forceASPI 1.7 and i don't have any problems with it, of course your system isn't mine, but you shouldn't have any trouble. forceASPI chooses the right layer to install according to your OS. If none of this works, this time you'll have to be more specific..:) Good luck to ya.