1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAVI 7.5 - What a Croc ..

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rufdymind, May 23, 2006.

1. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

Ok,I know.Maybe i make a mistake,that i don't know you do a batch convert.
    Yes,the v6.3 can do that and the v7.5/7.6 too.
    Please make sure this:when you use the v6.3,you mean"merge automatically",did you play the converted file?Do they all there?I think they will be cover with one another,and will leave the last file only.
    In 7.6,you can do this to skip the "creat new or overwrite"box.
    Go this"menu"-->option-->conversion setting,you can set here.Then it will do what you select.
    But for you,i think you want to merge the files in different directory,aren't you? But,sorry,it can't do this.It only can merge files in the same directory.So that you won't see the function after select only one file.
    I hope you can understand too. :)

2. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

@rufdymin Glad to see you figured out how to post the picture. As has been said, one picture is worth a thousand words!

3. rufdymin

rufdymin Member

@June_0606
    Hi June, Thanks for your reply. I still think you do not understand what I ask.

For the batch convert screen pic above, [bold]Winavi 6.3 WILL merge[/bold] 2 files from C: and D: automatically and [bold]Winavi 7.6 WILL NOT merge[/bold] these 2 files at all. Why have you broken it?

Why has the functionality been removed in 7.6? This has been my point throughout this whole very frustrating thread, and you still have NOT answered this question at all except to say it does not work. We all already know that it does not work, the question is why ?

Geeeeeez, I must have the patience of Job to keep repeating this question nearly 10 times over and not losing it - where are my stress pills?

rd

4. rufdymin

rufdymin Member

@dolphin2
    Your graphic has dissapeared - I assume by this there is a time limit for graphics residing on the uploadfile.info site ?
    cheers rd

5. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

No. That is something about your browser. Refresh the page and it should come back.

6. rufdymin

rufdymin Member

ok I read their small print and they only store files for 2 months.
    thats not bad I suppose.
    r

7. rufdymin

rufdymin Member

@June_0606
    My replies to your rather false statements are below ======

Please make sure this:when you use the v6.3,you mean"merge automatically",did you play the converted file?Do they all there?I think they will be cover with one another,and will leave the last file only
    ===reply == You are wrong, all files are there in 6.3 and they are merged correctly !!

In 7.6,you can do this to skip the "creat new or overwrite"box.
    Go this"menu"-->option-->conversion setting,you can set here.Then it will do what you select.
    ===reply === You are wrong, WINAVI 7.x cannot do the same as WINAVI 6.3

THUS the FINAL response is -
    Winavi 6.3 = MERGES different directories
    winavi 7.x = NO MERGE of different directories

Bottom LINE is WINAVI 7.x is broken - I would NOT recommend this to anybody !!! DOn't buy it if you want to do MERGED DVDs properly.

rd

8. softimage

softimage Member

For me ,just use the Super DVD Creator http://www.alldj.com .the menu method maybe not powerful but it is enough for me, and even can create sub-menu.
    Subtitle is much more easy, just add the subtitle file and choose language .
    the picture quality is better than other encoder software, I used the VSO encoder and removed it 10 mins later,because it is very slowly and even can't convert RM format.....

My PC : P4 3.0 G , 2 G RAM ,120 G hhd

9. tf37

tf37 Member

I think 7.6 is even a bigger croc of ...
    I downloaded it, paid for it, and its crap thus far.
    How long does it take, to convert a simple .MOV to a .AVI file?
    File is under 2.3meg, the silly thing has been running for over 10 minutes with no progress shown, and if you click on cancel or attempt to abort, it refuses to cancel or abort. I have to start Task Manager and shut it down... a true pain in the a... .
    I merely want to convert a stupid .MOV to a AVI...BS on 7.6
    Now, if you know a fix, tell me about it.
    XP Pro SP2
    Sygate Firewall
    McAfee
    Office 2000 Pro Suite Installed
    What is the bloody problem with this???
    Pissed,
    Terry

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  10. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Terry , have you got the Quick-Time codec installed ? (just checking because you'd need that to convert/encode a .mov file buddy)

[bold] herbs [/bold]

11. bubba00

bubba00 Guest

hello there im new and have WinAvi 7.5 and was reading this thread can you still download 6.5 anywhere???

Second i have 2 AVI"s for a movie and want to merge them onto one dvd do i click batch and pop them in there i noticed when the first one finished converting the second one said do u want to override it? so i wasnt sure waht to do , i saved the output files into my documents what am i doing wrong here and does the 6.5 stop that happening or make it easier thanks again B

12. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

I think you can make a upgrade to v7.6.That may more helpful. In batch convert,after you select two files,you may get this window "Any to XX".Pay attention to that.You can find an option"For source file",then select "Merge into one..." which you like.That will be ok.

13. hatboy

hatboy Member

"Why would anyone use slow dinosaur proggies like TMPGEnc"

Because they are more configuarable and produce way better results.