1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAVI + DVDLab, Audio Out of Sync Problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dvkwong, Feb 18, 2005.

1. dvkwong

dvkwong Member

Hiya People,

Ok so I thought I had an excellent, fast, less hoops method of converting avi's to svcd then burning to a dvd to fit about 3-4 movies onto 1 disk, but I get a problem where the audio sync gets progresively worse during playback.

Here's my steps:
    1. Convert avi's to MPEG2(NOT SVCD default settings) using WinAVI with these settings H352xW576, 48khz Audio, PAL.(Doing this means I do not have to demultiplex the audio in dvdlab or patch the header using DVD Patcher).
    2. Simply drag the files into dvdlab, create menus etc and compile.
    3. Then use Nero to burn(could use dvdlab burning but prefer using Nero).

Things I have already tried.
    a. Convert to standard SVCD using WinAVI and then demultiplex in dvdlab.
    b. Checked the original avi for missing frames using Virtual Dub, no missing frames reported.
    c. Have played the output from WinAVI in WMP and the audio is in sync, no problems.
    d. Picture and sound quality is great when playing back on DVD player audio just goes out of sync.

I use to use the DVD2SVCD package and this has worked in the past, but it only converts DVD's. I like WinAVI because it is super fast even on my 1.6 Pentium Laptop, takes about an hour to convert an avi movie.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

David

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I would say that the Problem is with the encodeing as I have used WinAVI before and it doesn"t have the Settings needed for Proper encodeing and it does improper Frame Rate conversions which can cause sync Problems....

The Problem could also be that you are Not demuxing the file in DVDLab because if you don"t then DVDLab has to use the Mux rate in your Source Mpeg-2 files which might not be DVD Compliant and and Improper Mux Rate can cause Sync Problems when Played Back on your DVD Player....

If you want a fast Mpeg encoder But is actually a professinal Quality Mpeg encoder and Not some Consumer Cr*p then Try the "MainConcept Encoder" ....

Cheers

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member