1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAVI Troubles...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by punknudle, May 13, 2007.

1. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Yeah it always looks good on PC. You have to view on a TV to know the actual results. Then make your adjustments as needed. Took me a while to figure that out since every converter you use has different settings.I would think its most likely has to do with the settings.

2. punknudle

punknudle Guest

Okay this is gonna sound dumb, but I guess it's just my TV/DVD Player or both. Cuz when I put the burned disk in the PC and play it with Nero Showtime, the whole picture shows, but is cut on my TV/DVD Player. I tried adjusting the settings on my TV and DVD Player, to no avail, but it plays full picture on PC, so I'll give a few to a few friends to try on their DVD PLayers and see what they get. Thanks again for all you guys help.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I'm at a loss on this one. Is your monitor widescreen and the tv's not?
    May be the diff though all my monitors are widescreen and tv's aren't - can't say I noticed the movie looking clipped.
    Keep us posted on how these play on your friends player.
    Maybe chop2113 has some better suggestions than mine.

4. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Yeah thats a tuff one. When that happened to me i found that its was a setting in my burning program that fixed the problem. I made some burns for my buddy and he had the same problem. Then we found out it was a setting in his TV. So it can be either one. And just a reminder you cant use your pc as a reference as how it will look on your TV. Like i said before it always looks good on the PC.So my suggestion is check your settings on your burn program and make a few coasters until you fix the problem. If that don't work check you TV. Some TV's have zoom functions and different 4:3 ratios and 16:9 ratios. Time to put your gloves on and do some investigating. Hope this leads you in the right direction. Good Luck.

5. binkie7

I usually check them on the pc before burning just to check the quality and any audio sync issues. Quality bad, iffy etc. on pc - delete :)
    Audio out of sync then I use ConvertX and check the sync bit from the converted file.

But yeah you're right chop2113 if all okay in these 2 - playing in the tv may look different so probably not a good test.

6. punknudle

punknudle Guest

No both tv and monitor are not widescreens. Friend will be here tonight to get a few so I'll know tomorrow how look on his. Another question totally out of place in this topic, if it's okay to do that...Is there any way to rip just the music off of a PS2 disk, and if so how? I want the music from the Salikawood off FFXII, so I don't have to run the PS2 TV and stereo all to hear that one track. Drives the old lady nuts.Thanks for your help.

7. binkie7

There's probably a way to do that - I know you can do it with dvd's so I would think ps2 discs too.

There's a guide around Afterdawn somewhere for ripping the music from dvd's - I just can't find it atm.

8. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Yeah let us know how that works out. AS far as for ripping music of a ps2 game well go to the consoles section of this forum under ps2 dvd back up and ask there. they should be able to help you out better there.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/115

9. punknudle

punknudle Guest

Hey you all. My friend said that they played the same way on his TV, but when he played them on PC using PowerDVD they were just fine. So I guess it's just something in both our dvd player/tv setups. I'll keep working on it see what I can come up with. Thanks again for all your help.

10. binkie7

Txs for posting back!
    If you figure it out let us know - may help someone else.
    And if I come across anything else I'll let you know too!

11. TRIPLEHSD

TRIPLEHSD Member

I have a big problem. My WinAvi was working perfectly up until a week ago. I've been using the 6.3 version because everytime I used the 7.7 version, it would come up 'Division By Zero' and the 6.3 has been working fine. But as of late when I'm like less than half way to converting the AVI file to to DVD file, it will either restart my computer or it will give me a Windows Error window giving me the option to Send Error Report or Don't Send. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it doesn't work again. I've used my Spyware to see if anything was wrong and it came out fine. I've also used my Avast Anti Virus and there were no viruses. I've tried System Restore, but I've had a problem with that the past few months (It would come up as Restore Incomplete), so that's not an option. Could you please tell me what is the issue, if you do know the answer to it because it looked as if I ran out of options.

12. pstamer

pstamer Guest

TRIPLEHSD: Maybe try uninstalling it, cleaning and defragging the registry, and then reinstall. Hope this helps.