1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDATA DUAL LAYER

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by MIDNITE14, Mar 17, 2007.

1. MIDNITE14

MIDNITE14 Member

I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HAS DISCOVERD THIS BUT I FOUND THAT WINDATA DUAL LAYER ARE $1.00 A PIECE BUT WHEN I TRY TO BURN ONE USING A LG BURNER FIRST OF ALL THE BURNER SPINS REALLY FAST FOR A FEW MIN THEN BEGINS BURNING THE DVD THEN IT TAKES FORVOR TO BURN IT ONCE COMPLETLY BURNED YOU TRY TO PLAY THE DVD AND IT STARTS OFF FINE BUT WHEN IT HITS THE SECOND LAYER ALL HECK BREAKS LOOSE IT GOES HAYWIRE IS THIER SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY BURNER OR THE FACT IM USING CHEAP DISKS I HAVE TRIED ALL DIFFERENT SPEEDS BURNING AND UPDATED FIRMAWRE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IM DOING WRONG I WILL BE VERY GREATFUL FOR SOME HELPFUL INFO YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECT AT MIDNITE1469@HOTMAIL.COM WITH ANY TIPS THANKS AGAIN

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@midnite14

Please don't post in all caps it's against forum rules.Can you burn a single layer disc with no problem. The only DL media you'll find that is recommended here is Verbatim DLs. What program are you using to burn the DLs? I use ImgBurn with AnyDVD.

LOCOENG's Abstraction
    Imgburn-
    http://www.imgburn.com

Guides:

Burning DVD Video files directly to double layer media with ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

Creating a single layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1778

Creating a double layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777

ImgBurn Build Mode, An Overview
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1779

3. MIDNITE14

MIDNITE14 Member

oh ok sorry bout the caps well i use dvd decryptor or anydvd to rip it and sometimes shrink but i dont compress with shrink and then ive used nero 6 and 7 and dvd clone to burn and it will burn sucessfully but for some reason when i play it back as soon as it hits the second layer the dvd player goes flying through all the chapters and goes haywire i tried to use imgburn but i am very computer literate but i dont have a clue on how to make imgburn work can you please emal me step by step directions on how to make it work and you said verbatrim blank dual layer where can i get them for $1.50 a peice or less because windata are $1.00 a peice now heres something else i first used windata 2.4x and most worked fine but now i been using windata 8x even at 2.4x it still for some reason dosent work and why does my lg dvd burner spin really fast for 5 mins before the burn starts what going on with that any thing you can do to help would be very much appreciated thanks again,the midnite

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The guides on how to use ImgBurn are in my previous post. Click on the links there are pictures also. There are newer encryptions that will keep the drive spinning reading all of the bad sectors (mainly $ony discs). Just let AnyDVD do its thing and then use ImgBurn to build and burn.

5. MIDNITE14

MIDNITE14 Member

ok when you say let anydvd do its thing or you talking about anydvd ripper or just plain anydvd because i am currently as we speak have got anydvd running in the background so to speak and am making a dvd with imgburn for source i went to the video ts folder or w/e on the original dvd and went to burn straight to balnk dvd and it took like 15 mins is that what your refering to also idk if youve ever done this or not but sometimes i like to put to single layer movies on one dual layer disk example letahl weapon 1 and 2 on one disk just the movie only could i use shrink to reauthor then use imgburn and select the source as the folder that shrink put the files into to make that work ?

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@midnite14

When I do a DL with AnyDVD and ImgBurn, I do not use the ripper function of AnyDVD. Put the Dvd in the drive and let AnyDVD read the disc and report what it finds. 15 mins is a long time to read a disc, I'll admit. Some discs have taken 2-3 min to read with all the bad sectors. The first one that comes to mind was "Saw3". Is your AnyDVD up to date? Open Imgburn(IB) and select build and let IB read the disc and prepare the ISO. Then select write and let IB burn the DVD. And DON'T be multi-tasking while doing this; as you seem to be doing in your last post unless you are using two pcs. I don't really know about putting 2 movies on one DL, but probably can be done with Shrink.

7. MIDNITE14

MIDNITE14 Member

yes it can be done with shrink but when i used imgburn and the source was the folder that shrink put the files in for both movies imgburn made a succesful burn but when i put the disk back in anydvd found a problem with it and it wouldnt play all the way through so i guess that ill just have to stick to putting movies that will fit on a singlie layer with out compressing on thier and using dual layers for 5gb or bigger i did what you said about anydvd and imgburn and it worked perfectly thanks for your help

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Glad to have helped. Here's a good guide for putting two movies together with Shrink. Instead of 5gb size select the 9gb size. Maybe set Shrink to output an ISO file and then burn it with ImgBurn or have it create a video_TS file and let Nero have a go at burning the DL.

To Merge Two DVDs to One
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

9. haerbob

haerbob Member

I goofed and bout some. They won't even burn on my hp dvd740i!

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@haerbob

Verbatim DLs only! Can you take the others back? Tell them they won't work with your burner.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  11. MIDNITE14

MIDNITE14 Member

have u done a firmware update and how old is your burner i have an aopen burner and they want burn in it either but they will in my lg so depending on how many you wanna try and burn it might be cheaper to buy a different burner then to but verbatrim cause thier still$1.80 a piece compared to $1.00 a peice