1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window vista

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by elkaiman, Sep 21, 2007.

1. elkaiman

elkaiman Guest

i recently installed a p4m80-m4 motherboard on my pc on i have a OS XP
    i'm thinking of upgrading to window vista, my pc has min. req.
    1gb of ram and 2.8ghz 120mb of HD, question should i upgrade to Win Vista, is it safe cause they told me that my pc could run slower
    NEED IPUT

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

don't ever upgrade to vista. all it is is a graphical upgrade with absolutely zero benefits. and yes ur pc would run slower

3. elkaiman

elkaiman Guest

thank you for the input, i had alot of concern,but your about the third person who has told me the same

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

For vista, the important thing is the video card. You need a high end video card, otherwise vista will run slow. Your other components look ok.

But it is a very bloated system. My windows xp system folder is about 1.5 gb, on vista, the system folder was 9.0 gb.

I've used Vista, and many of my favorite programs wouldn't work on it, I decided to go back to windows xp (it works perfectly). Right now I compare windows Vista with Ubuntu Linux, there both are interesting and pretty to look at, but at the end of the day I want something that will run my programs and games that I'm use to.

One thing I did do is buy windowblinds, that has change the way windows xp looks. I can make it look like windows vista, without the bloat. That's the only upgrade I'm doing, until they fix vista so it works as good as xp.