1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 Mouse Out of Alignment Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by borhan9, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi All,

We have a small issue at work since we have pushed everyone to windows 10 1709 build the mouse for some users the alignment is outta wack either slightly or quite a bit.

The current workaround that we have is to go into the windows mouse settings and change the mouse scheme.
    However, we have a user that is starting it only happens when they use our internal CRM system.

My Team and I have been digging to find whats up with the mouse issue and windows 10.
    From what I have found it seems to be across the board not really an issue with any paticular software application.

Below is what I have found so far.

================================

Troubleshooting:
    ==============
    How to fix software and hardware compatibility problems with the Fall Creators Update
    How to fix compatibility problems during installation
    https://www.windowscentral.com/wind...update-common-installation-problems-and-fixes

About this problem

The 0x800F0923 error message indicates that an app or driver isn't compatible with the upgrade process.
    Usually, the problem can be caused by the graphics driver, but it could also be an older driver installed on your computer. In addition, the error can indicate a compatibility issue with an older program not designed for Windows 10 or security software like your third-party antivirus (excluding Microsoft's Windows Defender Antivirus).

Solution
    The solution to this should be a straightforward process. Install the latest update or uninstall the driver or application causing the problem. However, if your device is working properly with the current version of Windows 10, it may not be easy to identify what's causing the issue using Windows Update.
    If you're seeing this issue on your device, you can use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade, and during the process, the application will let you know the driver or program causing Windows 10 to fail.
    [​IMG]
    In the case that the driver is the latest available, and it's the one causing the problem, you should consider uninstalling it, then go through the installation process, and after the upgrade, you can reinstall the driver in question.
    1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Device Manager and click the result.
    3. Expand the device category causing the issue.

Right-click the device and click Uninstall.

[​IMG]
    4. Follow the on-screen directions to finish removing the driver.
    After completing the steps, use your preferred method to install the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    In the case that the error message can be traced to an application, make sure to check the software company support website to download the latest update. However, if there isn't a new update available, you should consider uninstalling the application and reinstalling after the upgrade.
    1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Select the app with the problem and click the Uninstall button.

[​IMG]

5. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.
    How to fix driver problems during installation
    About this problem
    If there is a problem with a device driver installed on your computer, you'll see one of these error messages:
    • 0xC1900101 - 0x20004.
    • 0xC1900101 - 0x2000c.
    • 0xC1900101 - 0x20017.
    • 0xC1900101 - 0x30018.
    • 0xC1900101 - 0x3000D.
    • 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D.
    • 0xC1900101 - 0x40017.
    It's worth noting that error messages listed above are just some of the possible errors, and you may encounter other errors that start with the same 0xC1900101code.
    Solution
    When you see one of these error messages, depending on your system configuration, the solution may have different instructions. Here are five workarounds you can try.
    Install updated driver
    The quickest way to resolve this issue is to install the latest driver version, which you can download from your hardware support website.
    After downloading the files, try their recommended steps first, but you can always use these steps:
    1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Device Manager and click the result.
    3. Expand the device category causing the problem (likely to appear with a yellow exclamation mark).
    4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software to check for updates. Or you can click the Uninstall button to remove the device and suppress the error message.

[​IMG]
    Disconnect device
    Sometimes the problem will happen with the peripheral you have connected to your device. In this case, you don't have to go through the tedious process of updating the driver, just disconnect the peripheral and reconnect it after the upgrade.
    In fact, you should always disconnect non-essential peripherals, such as printers, Bluetooth devices, and removable storage to help the installation go smoother.
    Run System File Checker command
    You can try using the System File Checker (SFC) built-in command to repair your system before the upgrade.
    Alternatively, you can use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) command, which is a more advanced tool to fix issues with your current installation.
    Free up storage space
    It could also be the case that you're getting one of these errors because there is not enough space available on your computer to complete the upgrade.
    The Windows 10 installation requires at least 16GB of available space. If you're running out of space, use the Disk Cleanup tool to free up storage.
    Upgrade manually
    If nothing has worked, as a last resort you should try using the Media Creation Tool to perform a clean installation of version 1709.
    How to fix app compatibility problems during installation
    About this problem
    The 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C error message means that the device has an incompatible application, and it's preventing the upgrade to complete successfully.
    Solution
    The fastest way to prevent the error message from appearing is to uninstall any application that may be causing the problem, which could include antivirus and other types of security software or traditional desktop applications that haven't been updated in a long time.
    1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Select the app from the list, and click the Uninstall button.

[​IMG]
    Then follow the on-screen direction to complete the removal. After the upgrade, you can install those applications one more time.
    How to fix problems completing installation
    About this problem
    During the installation process, you may get two error messages without a code, including:
    • Error: We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer.
    • Error: Failure configuring Windows Updates. Reverting changes.
    These errors are general messages that usually appear as you try to install a "quality update" as well as during a "feature update," which can have different sets of instructions depending on what's causing the problem.
    Solution
    The quickest way to find out the cause of the issue is to view the update history log to see the specific error.
    1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Click on Windows Update.
    4. Click the Update history link.
    5. Click the link for the update that failed to install and see the error message.

[​IMG]
    Once you've identified the error, you can use the Windows Central forums, or use your preferred search engine to fix this problem.
    How to fix hardware requirements errors during installation
    About this problem
    Usually, if you're already running Windows 10, version 1709 should also work on your device. However, depending on your system hardware configuration, your device may not meet the minimum requirements, and you'll come across one of these error messages:
    • 0xC1900200 – 0x20008.
    • 0xC1900202 – 0x20008.
    Solution
    Check that your device has the minimum hardware requirements to install Windows 10.
    • Processor: 1GHz processor.
    • Memory: 2GB for 32 bit or 64 bit.
    • Storage: 16GB for 32 bit or 20GB for 64 bit.
    • Graphics: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
    • Display: 800 x 600.
    While most devices won't be affected by hardware requirements, it could be a problem on low-end systems. Typically, the problem is RAM, which you can upgrade to install the new version, but it might also be time to just buy a new computer.

===========================

Windows 10 Creators update

Devices
    • A new option has been added to explicitly enable finger inking
    • Devices can now be turned off when the screen is off to save battery under USB

Update chipset drivers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming...pdate-1709-mouse-cursor-issue-on/td-p/3856165

Q:windows 10 Fall Creators update cursor problems
    I had no problems with my cursor before my most recent Windows 10 update. As soon as I downloaded the most recent Fall Creator's update I have had problems with my cursor disappearing. The cursor is present when I turn on my computer. If it goes into sleep mode and then comes back, or if I leave my computer on for an extended period of time, my cursor disappears. It will return if I restart my machine. I have re-installed the update, no change. I have run the troubleshoot, it says no problems. This is so frustrating I will need to uninstall the update if there is no solution.
    Any suggestions?
    Replies (4)

Andre Da Costa replied on
    MVP
    |
    Article Author
    Press Windows key + X
    Click Device Manager
    Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    Right click on the Mouse and click uninstall

Press Alt + F4
    Press the Windows key + X
    Press the letter U
    Press the letter R

Restart in Normal mode and see if the mouse works.

I'm not surprised you are having trouble with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 1709, if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Fall Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Go back to my previous version of Windows 10, click Get started.
    Best,
    Andre
    Windows Insider MVP
    MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
    twitter/adacosta
    groovypost.com
    Did this solve your problem?
    2 people were helped by this reply
    RH

RhondaSmith1 replied on
    have done that. Got fed up with it happening and nobody can help, so I uninstalled windows 10 and went back to my original windows. Did not want to do that as I liked windows 10 better than windows 8.1.
    Now I just have to wait till I can afford to buy windows 10 down the track and hope that it does not happen again.
    KE

KenDeWitt1 replied on
    You don't have to go all the way back to 8.1 if you like Windows 10... Rolling back the Fall Creator's update resolved the issue for me on an Asus laptop. (I believe build 1703 is the one you want, Fall Creator is 1709) Oddly enough, the Dell laptop I have and my desktop are both fine. I'm assuming it's only certain makes of pointing devices?
    RH

RhondaSmith1 replied on
    KenDeWitt1, I have already gone back to 8.1. I did roll back to the 1703 version and it would stay on that for about 1 week and then end up updating to the 1709 version. This happened twice. Have been putting up with this since beginning of December. Contacted Microsoft and all I got was it is your mouse. I tried a brand new Microsoft mouse, same problem.
    1703 worked perfect for me. Wish I still had it, but got sick of trying to have it fixed. Tried everything Microsoft said, did not work.
    the mouse is and has been working fine for me for the past 6 months as that is how old it is.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/fe65818f-8a6a-4aff-b87a-d6de85f4da59?auth=1

================================

Strange behavior in Citrix Receiver on Win10 Creators Update

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/386421-strange-behavior-in-citrix-receiver-on-win10-creators-update/

kpowell1 | [​IMG] Enthusiast | 4 | Members | 9 posts
    Posted 22 hours ago
    I have resolved the small cursor issue after a user updated to 1703 from 1607. Turns out that user has a Windows HP tablet with a high resolution set to 150% scaling but had closed the tablet keyboard. They were working from 2 external monitors both set to 100% scaling and were seeing the small cursor. When the tablet was closed, that monitor did not show inside the Display settings since it was "disabled". When we opened the tablet the monitor then showed up, and we were able to change scaling back to 100% from 150%. At that time we were able to log back into Citrix using Receiver 4.10.1.22 with a "normal" sized cursor.

Aha - I thought it may of been related to DPI / Scaling.

How / where do you change the scale / DPI to 101%? Using Settings->Display I can only get mine to go up in 25% increments.

Go into Control Panel -> Display and then click on "Set a custom scaling level" - You can drag your mouse across the "ruler" to set a custom percentage.
    I've got a couple of users running docked Microsoft Surface laptops who are having a "disappearing cursor" in certain applications and especially in text fields. Apparently, the DPI scaling didn't do anything for them, unfortunately. Anyone got any other ideas?

(We Try this for the mouse drivers) A solution that worked for me is downgrading the driver software on my Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165:
    1. Open Device manager - Right click "Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165"
    2. "Update driver" and choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
    3. "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" and choose version: 17.15.0.5 then Next and that's it.
    =========================

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3610179/mouse-issue-windows-1709-fall-creators-update.html (I am posting this not because it is a fix but more for the fact, this issue is not just in our environment but across 1709)

=====================
    Mouse glitch on Windows 10 RS3 (version 1709 Fall creators update) #353
    https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-chrome/issues/353

cgutman commented on Nov 13, 2017
    Here is a build with a workaround for Fall Creators Update. It's not perfect, but it ignores most of the errant mouse events. I don't feel comfortable rolling the fix out in the official build, because it can accidentally mark valid movements as errant and create problems where there were none before. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NhdQ2AFss1Y8RRXbal9HDSjnAwO_90hO

I filed a bug on Chrome for investigation as this bug affects all users of Pointer Lock, not just Moonlight. Feel free to star the bug, but don't comment unless you have some technical analysis to add (since it sends everyone on the ticket an email). https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=784122

==============================

Any new ideas would be appreciated??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.