1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 randomly shutting itself down

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Jalouis, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Jalouis

Jalouis Newbie

So, about a week ago, i woke up, booted up my PC and started playing some games and browsing the web, when suddenly, out of nowhere, everything closed and windows gave me the "Shutting Down" screen before turning off my PC.

I though "That's weird" but thought it was just some bizarre anomaly, until it happened again, this time when i booted up the PC, windows refused to load, so i restarted it, and when i did i was faced with a "Recovery" screen, from which i uninstalled the latest updates and rolled back to a system restoration point four days prior. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G tono

I imagined that would fix it, but it didn't, and it continued happening until i finally decided to reinstall Windows.

I did, and for the first day, nothing happened, until today it started happening again.

I have no clue what could be causing this, as it never happened to me before, and i would love to get some insights.
    descargar samsung tonos de llamada: https://descargartonos.info/

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check your cpu heatsink to see if clean or not. check in the bios to see what the cpu temperature is.

Sophocles likes this.
  3. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

4. ChappyTTV

ChappyTTV Member

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue, if it were software related, the reinstall should have fixed that.
    Of course there are a number of issues that can cause this, overheating issues as brought up by ddp and wither 1, is usually the number 1 culprit, but only if you've been running for awhile.
    Depending on your Motherboard, most motherboards nowadays have hardware monitors, using either a small LCD or LED's that can tell you what's going wrong. What is the Make & Model of your motherboard?

YOBUZZB likes this.
  5. pmshah

pmshah Member

I had a similar problem for n altogether a different reason. I don't what or how it happened but one on USB connected drive got trashed. It was a 320 GB Seagate. The system would simply go into reboot cycle if it was connected. If I removed it then there was no problem and everything would work perfectly. Soon s I reconnected it would go into this shutdown process. Tried it even by live booting Linux AND the G-Parted live hard disk utility. No Joy. So I do suggest you try disconnecting any USB drive.

The casing and what came out of it Seagate USB. .

YOBUZZB likes this.