1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 hdd problems maybe?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Co45, May 30, 2011.

1. Co45

Co45 Regular member

sorry if this is in the wrong forum i looked for general pc but i think i may be blind!

I installed two programs i shouldnt have im not going to go into extreme details but this is what happened

week ago heat came about.. graphics card fried
    A few days ago heat got worse and i started getting BSOD didnt catch error either time.
    I assumed it was my op system drive.. so i got my most important files off of it first and foremost (xbox dvd drive keys)

filed rma with Western digital they sent out a new referbed drive
    i installed op system fresh and started transfering my files to new drive from old drive
    during transfer of 40 gig folder i got same BSOD and was forced to restart!!

is this still drive error? or does this mean my ram or mother board are shot?

im not getting errors at all during boot screen and chk disk on old drive said four files were unreadable but that was it

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a windows issue. check your cpu temperatures.

3. Co45

Co45 Regular member

I did see pc hardware .. Im used to it being at the bottom its been a long time since I needed to go in this forum.

It was my hard drive thank you for you help. is there a easier way to monitor my temps of hdd's without pulling side off of my pc and using my temp gun!

I need to look into getting a fan or watercool system!

but thanks again!

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

I'm using something by silverstone. It uses multiple heat sensors. Also has a nice LCD display. Just set the alarm(s) for what ever temp you want the alarm to go off.

Not water cooling but liquid cooling. Never use water unless it is pure H20 witch is non-conductive and no impurities or anti-freeze. Anti-freeze because of it's properties does not get cool enough.. Hence anti-freeze. I used Water Wetter which is used in race cars.

Now I have a ATCS 840 aluminum case with fans. It stays cool even with high ambient temperatures. Obviously it will never run below or ambient but just above.
    Jeff

5. Co45

Co45 Regular member

I did mean liquid cooling i wasnt planning on using water. but im glad you gave me the run down i never knew there was so many options/wrong ways to cool. (I have my mind buried in rc the last few months so watercooled motors and esc's are on the brain!)

I have a compaq sr2180nx i want to add another fan preferrably in the front of the case directly in front of my drives but there is no room without serious modding. so that leads me to believe i would need to buy a new case. I will have to go shopping on newegg for heat sensors and a new case with more fan options!

thank you for you help!