1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Screens

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by EWOcelot, Jan 11, 2009.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, how many of you all remember this wonderful little game? Quite possibly my favorite game of all time! Wish I could get the RES a little higher though. Kinda hard to blow up a Postage stamp though.
    [​IMG]

2. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

Only problems I've had with 32-bit is Mediamonkey won't work at all (crashes at splash) - doesn't matter tho WMP12 is kickass - and with an Epson Stylus C48 I was given the drivers failed to install no matter where I got them from (Windows update, Epson site, dodgy driver site). managed to get it running somehow tho...

Runs smoother then XP on my system. probz coz XP doesn't know wot to do with specs that where unheard of back int day.

!can't compare to Vista coz i've never had it.!

-I must remember to try Microsoft Virtual PC 2007-will post results here...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah... I have both an epson R260 and the RX595. The 595 produced a disc with CODE printed across it. It wont be trusted again. It does say on the microsoft website, (NOT IN THESE WORDS) to not use windows 7 for day to day use. I believe that Epson is gonna need to cator specific windows 7 printer drivers. Rather weird bugs for both of them. Could just be my config. But I cant afford to play with it. sooo...

4. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

I didn't bother with installing my Epson printer on my main rig. I'll have to try it out. My HP LaserJet works fine and was installed by default with the OS.

5. navskin

navskin Regular member

anyone else tryed installing windows xp drivers on i use a win xp driver for my wirless adapter. i could not get it running under the vista setup with the vista drivers aswell. I got my epson c64 running with windows xp drivers but at frist it would not acpect them though the install, i had to ex2 extract the exe and install my them manualy though the device manager.

i anothter thing i have found is that i have two partion for my setup

partition 1 , 200MB Fat (cant see this in windows)
    partition 2 , 60gb NTFS (this is my main drive for windows)

can anybody confirm that they have the same setup and this is normal.

thanks

graham

6. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

Yes, I believe the second partition has the software for recovery, much like the utilities on the disc. My default install is setup the same way, as I saw when I had to ghost the failing drive in the post above.

I had alot of luck with XP software and drivers. I try to use Vista drivers if they are available, but it appears that most XP stuff will work, even if it means in compatibility mode.

And yes, I had to manually extract some of the self extracting executables used for software and driver installs. On my first test, I had to use "run as administrator" to install Avira AntiVir, but it worked fine on other systems.

I recall needing to manually extract some of my tablet PC drivers as well, but I could run the setup program from the extracted folder. Most of my other drivers were caught through Windows Update, though that posed a problem with my wireless card, which did not work (I used the XP driver installation program.)

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

8. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

Microsoft virtual machine works but only with ease of access themes with normal ones they go black when you click off them and need to be repositioned before an image comes back :-( on top of that they run poorly.
    I've installed XP and 98SE, with an ease of access theme on they work well.
    [​IMG]

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

OMG!!! I havnt seen that game in ages. Thats friggin awesome. I used to play pinball for hours! Oh... Ive been cleaning the office (as it were), and im almost ready to install W7 on my oldest computer. 1gb ddr, 1.4ghz athlon thunderbird, 80gbHDD.
    Hey mistycat, the link was a good read. I cant believe his install took over an hour. Both of my W7 installs were BOTH 25 minutes. But he was installing on what looked like an old HDD, as well as a virtual machine soooo...
    Oh, and my HDD's have been formated atleast twice soo... If somebody installs on a non formated, who knows.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  10. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

An HOUR? Was it an upgrade?

I've installed Windows 7 fresh on four separate machines. Even the Vaio listed above clocked in around 40 minutes.

You don't have to format the drive as long as you delete the partition when setting up, but the option is there if you want to do it.

11. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

Nice article. The guy forgot to look at Paint, which rocks. Wordpad is a bit improved.

They also left out Notepad, which is still the same old notepad of yesteryear (take some notes from Notepad++ MS!) Also, disk defragmenter is missing the GUI, just like Vista, so all you get a worthless progress bar with %.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hers my Ol' girl, LOL. An HP pavilion 7905, 80gb WD (2mb cache), 6200geforce, 1.4ghz amd athlon thunderbird, 500mb ram. LOL, I totally forgot that I offed my 1gb of ram to my sis. Wont be doing to much in W7 with only a half a gig! This was simply an experiment on the GPU more than anything. I never could get it stable on XP. So far, its ok. HDD's a little slow, Though the install was 35min up and running(as opposed to my 500gb sata on another machine 25min). I'll run some more tests tonight, but I gotta get to work SOOOOON. My ram is showing 84% useage in the gadget, WOW WOW WOW WOW. If I wanna continue to run it on this machine, I better double my ram. And I dont think the board will support more than 1gb, sooo, its pretty much a lost cause. Like I said, simply an experiment. I LOVE EM
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  13. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

You should get an N64 Emulator

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, Thats how I got the screenshot. Though it is old. Perhaps there are things I can do to get a better shot. Ive ran both, "project 64" and "1964". I believe Project 64 worked the best :)

15. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

Yeah I got the P64 but I havent used it lately. Reminds me of my 90's childhood.

16. navskin

navskin Regular member

i still got all my n64 and all my games i got say i think golgen eye way the best game they ever made for it.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

also a VERY VERY awesome game. I ran PJ64 last night on windows 7 incase anyones wondering. The vid quality is looking better than I remember it. Though I ran a different res setting. :D

18. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

Ah, Goldeneye... anyone remember Perfect Dark? ;-)

I too have my N64, still hooked up. In fact, those are the only two games I still have for it. Emulation isn't that great, and emulating the controls are worse, unless you hack one for USB and get a working driver (which is possible with the Xbox1 and 360 controllers; makes the games playable at least.)

Anyhow, just waiting for one of these gems to land on the Wii VC service.

19. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

Somehow mine literally burned out years ago. I played WWF No Mercy tons

[​IMG]

changed some icons

[​IMG]

my performance

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres yet another shot :D Having fun with my photoshop :D
    [​IMG]
    The reason my Ram useage is so low, is because I met up with Doc brown, borrowed his DeLorean time machine, picked up a Terabyte of ram from the future....LOL :D Nah just playing with the art programs, OF COURSE!