1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Screens

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by EWOcelot, Jan 11, 2009.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

They were probably figuring for super SSD drives to surpass mechanical drives. And thats why mechanical drives, show little difference between each other. I think the windows experience index is figuring for 200mbs + or twice that, who knows. And then of course there are Raid arrays! But in the near future, one SSD will surpass Raids of mechanical drives!
    The windows experience index, probably wont last long beyond windows 7 release. With a mere Ceiling of 7.9, it will be breached Quickly. In which new tools will be produced. It is simply produced for the laymen though. To assist in their upgrading efforts.

2. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

Its only true use is to do away with the massive and tedious minimum/recommended spec on games the top end is what there anticipating as being recommended on games (like Crysis) of the future

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Uh oh! LOL! Having fun with my photoshop again :D
    [​IMG]

4. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

If you re-run the assessment on performance index after a hardware change/overclocking it doesn't give you the right results under RAM you need to choose advanced tools then Clear all WinEI scores and re-rate the system. When it runs automatically after clicking this the test won't work :-( so you need to cancel and run manually. When I added another 2GB strip of PNY 800MHz it told me my scores weren't up to date so I re-ran using the re-run box and it gave me a RAM score of 5.5 The same as before! but after clearing and re-rating it gave me 7.1.
    [​IMG]
    Also Microsoft Virtual PC now works fine which shows Microsoft are fixing things we moan about which is reassuring.
    One final point, my 320GB hard drive is only shown as being 196GB this is caused by me giving PCLinuxOS 100GB of storage then getting bored formatting it and re-extending my Windows partition using the live CD now for some reason even though disk manager and Defraggler show it as 297GB windows won't how do I fix this...

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

This has got to be one of the most amazing things ive ever seen! QUITE pleased with this :D Guys/Gals, if you haven't experienced VirtualBox, I strongly urge you to do so, if for nothing else but the amazement, and to say you did it! LOL! Nah, really...I see some possibilities, and loop holes with this ability. I will continue to use this little gem. It does however make me regret not buying the 300GB raptor!

[​IMG]

Nice tidbit by the way :) Noted for future reference. I had a feeling about that, after I switched out some old ram!

6. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

Was doing some IT coursework the other day not sure whether having screenshots and information from an OS which isn't properly released will effect my mark.
    [​IMG]
    Taken from a Word document explaining how to import images from a camera and cut something out.

Looks like only me and you omegaman7 care about this thread these days...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Sure looking that way.

Heres me enjoying some Sonic the hedgehog on 64bit Windows 7 :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I lurk on most threads but only pipe up when i have something to comment on

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! I dont doubt that. :)

Ha ha! Running Debian 5.0(Lenny), and Windows XP Via VirtualBox. Very awesome little utility. XP is smooth as a babies bottom, while im having some trouble with Linux. A kernel bug, as well as display issues, and slow load time. When it was ran in the traditional sense, there were no problems though. Im not sure whats gone wrong yet(Probably my lack of knowlege LOL!). More than anything, I would like to learn some things about linux, as well as programming. This is certainly QUITE the screeny though! LOL!
    [​IMG]

10. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

I just tried Virtual Box and it caused a BSOD every time I tried to run PClinuxOS so I've decided not to trust it and uninstalled it...

I'll stick with Microsoft Virtual PC which I have actually been using to pull files out of XP and use them in 7

[​IMG]

Old stuff is on left for anyone who didn't notice

Doesn't work the other way round....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  11. creaky

I use VirtualBox, but on linux machines, with XP and other linuxes in VM's. It works very well indeed, and so it should, it was written by Sun Microsystems as far as i remember..

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I dont know if that paticular Version is supported. Ive not had too many problems. Infact, XP runs VERY smooth, while Debian64(Lenny) has a couple problems. But those problems may be my lack of knowledge LOL! MS virtual Pc Huh? Might have to check that out. Did you give the OS enough ram? I would imagine if you didnt, that might confuse the heck out of it LOL! Or if you exceeded how much you actually have.

Nice screeny by the way :D

Kevin

13. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

Tried XP, tampering with RAM size and hardware Virtualizaion off still BSOD.

Talking of BSOD 98 doesn't stop you from deleting system32
    [​IMG]

I've found the answer. I need an older version.

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So you were running a beta? Perhaps it could also be that your running more than 1 Virtual OS software???

Im dealing with a printer issue myself. Well...not the printer portion of it. Its scan utility is being quite the problem. The printer was certified for vista, so im uncertain why there's a problem. My R260 works fine, but the RX595 scanning utility doesnt wanna work. Its installed fine. Paint recognizes the printer and scanning ability, and I can scan via paint. So its obviously the utility itself. Gonna look over at Windows7Forums, and then I'll post back.

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Its looking like they need to patch their software(Scan utility). Apparently windows 7 and Vista are not as similar as I once thought.

"Chess Titans" is looking pretty sharp!
    [​IMG]

16. creaky

I'm trying out the Release Candidate of Windows 7 on one of my Dual Core machines (with onboard graphics). Runs very well indeed, and unlike the 7000 Beta, AVG works without killing the machine (though that might have been some quirk with the AMD Turion processor, don't know. Will try out the Release Candidate on that laptop later when i get home).
    I've dual booted with XP on the C2D, as this C2D is my second main machine for video encoding duties i'll start installing all the usual programs to see how Windows 7 holds up. Then i'll triple boot with some linux or other; i usually use TinyMe but just got the latest Mandriva 2009.1 so might give that a whirl.
    However something tells me that Windows 7 might well be my most used OS on this PC :)

edit- it won't run XBMC, either the 8.10 Atlantis version nor the 9.04 Babylon Beta 1. Ah well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  17. mistycat

mistycat Active member

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...it looks like everybody already closed the gate/leak on the RC version! Darn it, I missed it. So the official RC download release is may 5th?

19. mistycat

mistycat Active member

May 5 it is and I understand it's available then to anyone though I think their server's will be more than a little busy for a few day's.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, I dont doubt that. Thanks by the way :)