1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 95 - can we go back to the start?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by geekboy, Dec 2, 2003.

1. geekboy

geekboy Member

Hi people,

Ok so I found my old PC in the loft the other day..an awful piece a cack with like 200mhz, 64mb ram, a 2gigHD and nuthin else special...anyway I wanted to reboot the sucker and give it to me grandad (so he can type some stuff up; he says he wants to write the story of his life)

So for the past hour I've been D/L various boot disks etc trying to find something that will reset Windows back to the old factory settings...right now the OS seems to be working but its clogged up with tons of stuff I cant un-install...any ideas on how I can reboot the whole thing?

2. duffyr83

duffyr83 Guest

usually you can get a recovery package from the makers of the pc, you may want to try calling or search their website to see if they offer new recovery cd packages for your specific pc model. thats my advice i hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2003
  3. geekboy

geekboy Member

Thanks for the suggestion duffy, but its a real old model Packard Bell (yuck), bought from like a high street store (dixons i think it was; this was before I had a basic grasp of how PCs can be so much better & cost effective when bought from an independant dealer)...so I doubt the shop could help...and this PC is like 6/7 years old so they prob dont carry such restoring software..

I was hoping someone could post a link to site where I could D/L the relevant software/boot disc to overhall the whole OS; advice here would be sweet....*looks around like a hyper rabbit in search of the God-like creature Praetor....whimpers*

4. duffyr83

duffyr83 Guest

wow packard bell, never heard of it, anyways i had some time so i searched and found this website
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    hope that helps

5. badcheese

badcheese Member

dont know if this helps, but bulletproof soft has a spyware remover, that will install any program you throw at it... i dont know if that would help at all, but i hope it does... good luck with your packard bell, i know how them oldies can be sometimes

6. FeniX-77

FeniX-77 Member

dude..just format and reinstall windows 95

7. geekboy

geekboy Member

I'd love to format the harddrive and reinstall W95, but I dont have the windows 95 installer disc...all I have is a master cd that wont run and a boot disc that keeps asking for the master cd...its a fricken paradox; or at least a conspiracy against me I tell ya...

What I basically need is a boot disc similar to my windows ME boot disc(yeah I know many hate ME but I like it). When I wanna clean up my ME hard drive I just unplug my 120gig while the original 20gig is cleaned up and reset to factory standard...

Why cant I find a single floppy boot that can do the exact same for my old windows 95 PC? *sobs like a 1st year being bullied by 5 Seniors; ahh the painful memories still come back to haunt me...sobs somemore*