1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Administrator

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by borhan9, Sep 10, 2006.

1. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah I have been meaning to take a look at Hirens Boot CD but never got around to it. I never knew it had that option though so thanks for the info.

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@PeaInPod

Mate its totally worth it to get hiern boot CD its a essentail tool that all computer users need to have.

3. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Dunno about hirens boot cd, but i use MiniPE. Which is probably just an adaptation of Hirens, but it has a lot of windows password tools including one that can create new user accounts with full admin privileges. It can also reset passwords as well, cant remember if it can view them.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi all me again

i need a program that can unhide the wepkey for the wireless network at work one of the workmats has a lappy like mine but i dont know the key is their a free program that can do this. i have found some shareware but need a full version.

Thanxs

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

hi all,

just updating you guys on how far i have got on this new issue. I have managed to get it working to the point where it says connected but it still not connecting to the network as in the access point.

I know i have to go into the config of the access point or router and put the lappy onto the network but not sure how to do this can some one give me some help.

Thanxs heaps

btw here are the specs of wat we are working with

A lynksys WA access point

and a

Dlink adsl moder and router in one.

thanxs again.

6. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

~Rich

Edited, as The_Fiend just pointed out that the previous poster was trying to get into a company netowrk, not his own.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Say guys, you do realise you're talking about some HIGHLY ILLEGAL stuff here, right?
    Breaking WEPkeys is against the law in almost every country worldwide.
    Not that i oppose to these practices, as they earn me my paycheck, but it has no place in the public parts of these forums...
    *reported*

8. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Checking the security of your own network is not a crime. Thats all I stated that I did. And the info that I gave him is public knowledge, and its free software. I never gave specific tutorials or anything like that, just a brief description of how I tested my own network. What he intends to do with the info is up to him.

~Rich

Edit: I just re-read some of the posts and I didnt realize he was getting into a company network. I'll edit my previous post. My apologies mods.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

It's always the little details and fine print that get you in the end..
    Also, discussing this via PM would solve the problem ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2006
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

subscribed just in case any more potentially dangerous questions are asked by newcomers to the thread

11. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I am really sorry to ask such risky question guys and gals :). But I am trying to maintain my works network. And the PC support guy that comes and does this is out of commission at the moment, well we cant get a hold of him he is very unreliable.

All i want to know is how do i add a laptop to a network. do i have to go into the adsl config or do i have to go into the access point??

By the way on Monday we have one of the other PC guys coming in too take a look i just thought if i can get some assistance i would do it myself.

But i understand that this topic is right on the border of getting myself and others band if we are not careful.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, If you think the info u are going to suggest is risky, please just pm me.

Thanks to everyone and sorry to cause such a fuss.

12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Go read yer PM's :)

13. Bladework

Bladework Regular member

is there a way for me to make myself a computer admin without doign the safe mode thigy??

14. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@Bladework

Go into safe mode and then go into the user accounts in your control panel and then click your name and then click chane account type and chage your account type from limited user to computer administrator and then close it and reboot the pc normaly and you should be fine after that.

15. 21Q

21Q Regular member

not to put u down but didn't he/her say

16. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Yes i know but to do that u need to change your account type and the only way to do that is through safe mode first and then go back in normally and then you dont have to bother with safe mode ever again :)

17. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Technically, thats not true. If you have access to another admin account (usually the first account created on the machine when XP is installed), you can use this account to add/modify/delete users. The actual Administrator account is not required for this, only an account with admin rights.

~Rich

18. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Thats true. My statment was refering to if their was no admin accounts created in the first place.

19. 9000200

9000200 Member

can someone send me a pm on how do i get do? i could find the hiren's bootCD. my sister use lock the computer and now i cannot play games and install itunes for my ipod!!!! i am so sad plz help me thx!