1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Boot Options for HTPC

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Menion, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Menion

Menion Regular member

Hello there, I am building a HTPC and using XBMC as my primary frontend as i found i like the gui interface the best for my movies, TV shows, and music as most of the media I have is TV shows, though I am also equiping a BD player, And a capture card. My question is as I know XBMC dosent support the latter I figured I would Use the WMC for capturing(I will rarely ever use this feature just nice to have though) and PowerDVD 10 for the blu-ray playback.

My question is under windows 7 is there anyway I can have the HTPC boot into a menu on startup that allows me to select XBMC, PowerDVD, and WMC seperatly? I would just like the system to startup directly into a menu with just those 3 program options and be able to select with an MCE, or iMon Controller, anybody know of any scripts or where to find more info on this?
    Thanks

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I know a number of programs can be integrated into WMC and that would be the easiest way to be able to access other programs with a remote. I did some searching you should be able to integrate both PowerDVD and XBMC into WMC.

http://xbmcwmc.teknowebworks.com/