1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows boot problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by scamino1, Apr 3, 2007.

1. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

ok ive had my computer 4 like six months and its been working great until today. its a gateway with windows xp. When i turn it on it boots ip like normal and then goes to the "microsoft windows xp" blue screen. normallly i think it says welcome and boots up.ive never had problems with my computer until now. its brand new under warranty and i dont want to take it to get fixed so can anyone help me?Oh yeah its set to boot up on the hd with windows on it.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Why don't you want to take it to get it fixed? Sounds like it could be a hardware problem, if you are getting a BSOD. If you open the case you might invalidate the warranty. Then you will have to pay to get it fixed.

What does the BSOD message say?

3. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

ok the reason i dont want to take it in is because i have stuff that shouldnt be on there if u no wat i mean. and wats bsod?all i get when i turn it on is the microsoft boot screen then a blue welcome screen but instead of it sayin welcome it says microsft windows xp.

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Blue Screen Of Death - it's the blue screen you see when Windows crashes. I thought that was what you meant.

have you tried hitting control+alt+delete when you are in the blue Microsoft XP screen? It might bring up a login dialog.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  5. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

oh , i wasnt thinkin , i new wat blue screen of death was , just not the initals. anywayz i tried cntl alt delete and every other thing on key board but ive had no luck. i guess im just goin to have to use restore cds then.im going to let the comp. sit for a cupla dayz and then retry and if no luck ill use the cds. thanx for ur help

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Good luck.

7. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

i restored cop and got it workin again thanx 4 da help.