1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Cant Read SVcD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by liquidr0x, Nov 3, 2004.

1. liquidr0x

liquidr0x Guest

Hum... Well i burned a 3 disc svcd (bins and cues) and i was going to prepare to do a header trick to watch my movie on my dvd player. I couldnt mount the image so i tried burining it. For some reaon windows cant recognize my disc. I tried it in my cdrom drive. dvd drive, i also tried downloading new versions of svcd codecs. It gives me "windows cant read this disc, please insert a windows compatible disc and then continue" sort of error. The only other thing i could think of is a firmware upgrade.
    Any ideas?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I could suggest you to build a SVCD bin/cue with VCDGear.
    After, 'mount' the image (e.g. with Alcohol 120%) and try to read the E:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG with BSPlayer to see if it works. It if works, burn it.
    Second , not all DVD players read SVCD well, read VCD better (but this is a problem of the disc: you have problems in Windows! Maybe you didn't use VCDGear but the lame Nero?).

3. liquidr0x

liquidr0x Guest

vcdgear cant open the cue files for some reason so i cant do an bin to mpeg conversion. I searched on bittorrent forums for this error from the same file but the file is reported ok. Any ideas?

4. liquidr0x

liquidr0x Guest

opps forgot to add i get the error "mode one mpeg extraction not supported." from vcdgear

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I would try this:

1) 'mount' the image with Alcohol 120%
    2) simply copy to C:\ the movie, which always lies in E:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ1.DAT if the cue/bin set is the image of a VCD or E:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG if the cue/bin set is the image of a SVCD.
    3) after that, simply use VCDGear with "dat -> mpeg" if it's a VCD's MPEG-1 movie or "mpeg -> mpeg" if it's a SVCD's MPEG-2 movie.

Now you shouldn't have any 'MPEG extraction' so the problem lies only in the conversion from 'riff file' to 'true mpeg'. I hope than now all works; well, this should work but only if the image is not corrupted (you can check it for corruption with CDmage, if this may be the problem). If so, you're done.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004