1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem...

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by frausch, Jan 14, 2007.

1. frausch

frausch Member

THis little persistent box appears as the first thing after I start up my laptop (HP ZD7000, Win XP Pro) after I click on my Sign on screen. Now I have not opened ANYTHING and this box appears. Called HP and they just wat you to reformat your HD (advising me from India). Don't know what does it. Reeinstalled Explorer, ran all my AVG virus and spyware software and they found nothing. Ran a free one from MS and it found a few but no change. I reinstalled Office XP, no change. When I use the HP OS disk after a certain point it asks me which win OS do you want to start but doesn't give me any options, only option seems to be enter which exits you. The odd thing is that I can keep working on my computer if I don't click this annoying box off but push it to the side.
    I am frustrated
    Someone please help
    Fel

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Hi frausch, and welcome to aD!

Please download HijackThis.
    Unzip(extract) the file to a permanent folder.
    Open HijackThis.exe.
    Click "Do a system scan and save a logfile".
    Notepad will open with the log. It will also be saved in the HijackThis folder.
    Please post that log in your next reply.

Also, it would be helpful if you could post a picture of this 'persistant box' that is appearing.