1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Explorer keeps shutting down, Help!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Fireman4u, Aug 25, 2008.

1. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

From what i've read over the last couple or so of months at cnet,TechRepublic & even from some of their newsletter emails is that the 64 bit vista gives a stack of issues,the 32bit too does as well but no where near as many,they recommend to use a 32bit version it you were thinking of trying it,they also reckon the 64bit will come right once the dev's start doing more work for 64bit but for the mean time it's 32bit getting most of the attention,driver support was the main issue for 64bit vista.

2. Fireman4u

Fireman4u Member

That's what I understand too and I've heard that there were many problems with the XP 64 bit too. I wanted a system to be able to use more than 3GB of memory and the 64 bit was the only way to go. If I was more software literate I probably would have gone with Linux OS, or if I had more money I think a Mac would have been good too.
    I guess all these problems will make us stronger people, at least more knowledgeable!

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yeah but not before you want to kill yourself..lol.., f..k i hate computers when they don't work,they really are bloody buggy

EDIT: You could put a linux distro on there as a dual boot,that way at least one of the OS's has gotta work..lmao

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. Fireman4u

Fireman4u Member

LOL! Your right about that, at times I think I'm going crazy trying to work with them. I do like computers, can be very helpful! I use them for work and fun, except when they don't work, then they become a paper weight until I regain my sanity! I really don't mind working on them if I know a solution to the problem, I get frustrated when all you get are codes and not a solution to fix the problem! I'm just thankful for the forums, like Afterdawn, and the smart people here!

That is a good suggestion about Linux, may do that once I get the main problem fixed. With my luck it may just give me a dual headache....lol!

Have a great day!

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I dual boot linux on my main machine it can come in handy when xp goes belly up it allows me to continue checking email n' stuff.If you decide later to put it on give it a quick whirl with the live cd first & when you're ready to go ahead & install it's important to be connected to the net so when it asks you "do you want to connect to get up dates" say yes,the reason is it will download any drivers you need that may not be on the disk,a few people get caught out by that when they don't let the cd connect to the update site & wonder why linux don't work properly

6. Fireman4u

Fireman4u Member

Thanks ScorpNZ,

I will have to look into that option! I didn't partition on the hard drive when I first set up, so will I need to reformat the hard drive to be able to set up a dual OS?