1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Freezes After Pinnacale Capture

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by BillMc, Oct 31, 2005.

1. BillMc

BillMc Member

I just returned from vacation and started loading my digital video into Pinnacle Studio 9 so that I can edit it. My PC has no firewire input so I'm using Dazzle 80 and my USB input on the PC. The capture goes fine. When I try to save the capture I get a windows blue screen claiming windows has been stopped to prevent damage to my system. I am unable to save the capture file. I was capturing almost 60 minutes of video. I uninstallled and reinstalled Pinnacl and trid shorter captures of video (5 minutes or so) with some success but I'm not convinced I've solvd the problem. Has anyone encountered this kind of problem?

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

I don't know what causes your probem, but I would definitely recommend you to install a Firewire card. such a card plus cable can be bought for $15-$30. It's hasselfree, reliable and will give much better quality than what you are using now.

3. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

Ditto. Ditch the Dazzle, get a firewire card if your PC does not have one. In fact, that may even be the problem.