1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows freezing again

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by bbiagllla, Sep 11, 2013.

1. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

I had a thread where Isolvedit by replacing the hard drive. 4 to 6 months l's after here i am now.

First my game was giving different colors s and pictorial spikes. This has happened before and it was my driver. However i tried 6 different drivers and nothing yet. I was in the process of removing my driver by ununinspiring it when windows started freezing. No mouse movement at all. Now everything after it logs in about 30 seconds later it f freezes. A couple times it loaded to a black screen.

I have been able to use safe mode normal. Safe mode with networking freezes after log in. Safe mode with command prompt won't load and eventually black screens.

I have run windows repair and found nothing. I ran toss killer. I ran malware bytes and a vast but since uninstalled avast. No problems found.

Last night started chkdsk and it immediately hung at 7% stage 1 of 3. Woke up this morning and it was still there. No hdd light at all since so restarted into safe mode.

Everything was s working prefect the day before it started freezing.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

what driver are you talking about.does it bluescreen and if so what is the error code.more info here ie system specs and operating system.

3. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

Here is a link to my last problem.

As of right now there are no blue screens.

first thing I did when I got home was try another chkdsk. This time it froze at 4% stage 1 of 5. There was HDD light activity until it hung up. I may have another hard drive I can swap out to test.

I am not sure how it went from working fine with a graphic error to hangng up and not boting safe mode with network or safe mode with command prompt.

I also received the usual NVidia driver has failed to respond message that it gives when the driver stops working. That is what led me to this point.

my laptop specs are on my last post. nothing has changed. If it is the HDD what is causing them to fail in 6 months? its western digital so I know its now a bad company.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you hook the drive up to a tower with spare sata port on motherboard to do a check disk on the laptop drive?

5. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

Ok i had an extra SSD laying around. Reforamted it and installed windows 7 after sticking it in my laptop. Everything booted up fine and has been running well. no graphics glitches or anything. So obviously the hard drive is the problem. However what causes a perfectly good 320GB Western Digital drive to go bad in 6 months? I need to fix that problem or its gonna cost me alot of money. I and running check disk on the old hard drive now to see if it finishes while i type. So far it is at 160k files processed and progressing.

I have made a copy of the old drive onto the new drive. I am going to send it back to WD if i can for a replacement.

I also wouldn't fully suspect the hard drive because i could access normal safe mode fine without errors. Just not the othe rtwo safe mode options.

6. ddp

highly unusual for 2 consecutive drives to go bad unless there is an outside influence which i think is the motherboard. how old was the original drive before it went bad?

7. aldan

aldan Active member

yep,sure as hell installing that crap is gonna fix his problem.he is looking for help,not a win8 fanboy.

8. ddp

spammer spammed

9. aldan

aldan Active member

damn your good d.

10. ddp

no as he also posted last year but maybe without the links in his sig.

11. ddp

so what is your point?