1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDOWS INSTALL PROB-VERY VERY VERY WIERD

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by sahiljit, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

Okay so i installed vista and formated the hardrive using vista install i got rid of vista now i want to reinstall xp so i put my xp disk in and says no hardrive found. I can reinstall vista fine. i have tried 3 diffrent xp disks same thing. What the prob? maby diffrent file formats that xp install cant detect? if it is how do i format the drive within windows if the drive is the one running windows?

2. corn

corn Guest

Maybe you can do a dual boot to dual boot Vista, and XP, and boot up XP, and uninstall Vista?
    I don't know, but check with other people before you do it.

3. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

thing is i have no os right now. But when i try installin xp i cant b/c it says no hardrive btut vista installs fine.

4. bkf

bkf Guest

You cant format a disc when it is in use. Start at you HDD manufactures and see what they have to offer. You could get a boot disc from someplace, You could dos fdisk, you could put the drive in another computer as a slave and blow it away. When are people going to stop putting such dangerious software in their computers. He did not spend 4 billion to make your life easy with something that offers nothing. Who knows what it created on that drive. Low level format is what you want. Defaulting you bios cant hurt either. Something is still in there.

Sits here shaking head

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2006
  5. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

thanks for you help and rudeness i have tried all of that except dos fdisk please go on in detail.

6. bkf

bkf Guest

Forget Fdisk> It won't work on NTFS discs. Your best be is still the HDD manufactures website. And I was not being rude. I was telling the truth. Do you think your hardware just up and vanashed? No but something got put in there to make it look like it did and it's still in there. Being able to reload vista proves that. A quick search using term "delete vista" Has many ideas, Not many of them are pretty.

7. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

thanks man i deleted vista and now i have no os and i tried to load xp on there and smae thing.

8. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

i went to my hardrive mf no help stupid fujistu

9. bkf

bkf Guest

Are we talking about a laptop or a pc? Can you post the model number?
    Also the exact model number of the drive. Chances are fujistu did not even make the drive. That drive at some point was compleatly blank so there has to be a standalone formater somewhere. I read 20 pages about fujistu and they have to be one of the hardest to fix. I think vista changed the MBR (first 64 bytes of the drive) and that is what you have to erase. Vista (the program) changed the files and way it boots up. Had you made vista a second os and left XP alone you could use one to blow away the other so you will need to find something that will blank that entire drive. And for your joy Vista even creates an invisable partition. Given what I read about thier hard drives you may need a repair shop or even consider a new drive. fujistu HDD's don't have a very good track record.

You might be able to do something with a ubotu linux standalone disc but that is above me. It only loads into memory and does not touch the disc.

10. Molder

Molder Regular member

11. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

its a hp dv6000 and the hd is defiantly a fujistu am i screwed?

12. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

ahh my laptop doesnt have a floppy drive

13. bkf

bkf Guest

No just harder to fix unless you can burn or get burned a boot cd. I read some more pages and it's ain't looking good. Even for one person a zero out of the disk did not work but I find that hard to believe. Let me go look at the hp website

14. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

I resotred MRB using the program listed above and now when i boot up vista i get a mising NTDLR and i get the same promblem while trying to install windows.

15. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

thanks bud

16. bkf

bkf Guest

Well I think it might be time to call HP and tell them your problem. Your Recovery disc may be bad.
    There are 48 models of the 6000 series. so pick the one you got, in support it will tell you how to create a new set of disc's even without windows but if vista messed up that recovery pertition This could get messy. That Ntdlr file is part of your loader but it should not need that to do a repair because a repair assumes the os is toast.

Which one of the first two is yours
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=us&dlc=en&product=1844162&rule=19572&lang=en

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  17. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hi, I had the same problem years ago with a missing NTDLR, I can't recall how I fixed it, I think it was with a WIN2000 disc, but i'm not sure.

Sorry, but I found this for you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314057
    it should fix it. Forget about the Win98 and 95 blurb, go down a bit and it says "Cannot find the system file in the standard locations on drive C:"
    Read from here down and you should be able to get the files off the XP disc. The instructions say to get the fie from the windows folder, try the disc.

M

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  18. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

thanks guys but the prob is i have 3 diffrent windows xp install disks and each say i have no hd but vista seems to install fine.

19. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

i made recovery disks but they say dont support my model!!!!! i made them with the same pc tho.

20. sahiljit

sahiljit Regular member

any help?