1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows ME fat 32 to NTFS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jmetal31, Sep 26, 2003.

1. jmetal31

jmetal31 Member

Ok here is the deal. I have windows ME currently and i want to convert my 2 60 gig hard drives from fat 32's to NTFS. My first question is, is this possible with Windows ME and if so how do i do it. My second question is can i change my os to Windows xp if i desired. The problem is Windows Me came with the computer and is designed for it. I dont want to totally screw up my computer so if my chances are slim to none please tell me. Other than that, i say to hell with it....lets do some damage. thanks for your time.

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi, sorry, if your using Windows ME then NTFS is not an option for you. You will need to use an NT based OS like 2000pro or XP Home/Pro. You could quite easily buy an XP upgrade and run it on your system, this will give you the latest OS and also the option to use NTFS. Depending on your machine spec will affect your performance, but the OS upgrade is simple enough.
    Hope it helps.

3. jmetal31

jmetal31 Member

LOL thanks i just gave up last night. im not going to change anything. i spent more time trying to save time and i could have been done writing all my backups! goes to show= shortcuts are not the way to go.